SCUM The Game - Survival

Soldato
Game dying already haha, that's what you get for releasing unfinished games.
no, that's what you get for having a general gaming population with the irrational level of expectation that people like you clearly have.

the game has been released as an early access game - I respectfully suggest you read up on what that means. limited content, bugs etc are all to be expected. but as I have said many times already, the attitude shown by yourself is what makes me fear for the longevity of the game. people want content from the get go, they will forgive the bugs when there's content but rarely the other way round. devs can roadmap all they want but gamers are a fickle bunch, one day a game is the best thing to ever land on a pc, the next it's a load of dross.
time will tell for scum and my fingers will remain crossed.

Associate
Don't agree with deriding a game that is losing numbers, that attitude helps no one.

People want something to do ingame, what do you expect them to do? Just run around aimlessly for weeks/months?

Soldato
no, that's what you get for having a general gaming population with the irrational level of expectation that people like you clearly have.

the game has been released as an early access game - I respectfully suggest you read up on what that means. limited content, bugs etc are all to be expected. but as I have said many times already, the attitude shown by yourself is what makes me fear for the longevity of the game. people want content from the get go, they will forgive the bugs when there's content but rarely the other way round. devs can roadmap all they want but gamers are a fickle bunch, one day a game is the best thing to ever land on a pc, the next it's a load of dross.

How about this for a solution? Everyone stops buying into 'Early Access' games and hopefully developers will get the message and go back to how it used to be back in the good old days, i.e. releasing finished products that only really need the odd small patch to address minor issues. People should not have to pay full price to beta test half-finished games with no content.

Soldato

What keeps people playing games?

That's right, content that will hold players and help them improve, not bore them.

You can keep keep mentioning the "early access" argument all you want. Simple fact is that EA games need to already have content, then build up from there. Otherwise numbers will dwindle and games will die before they even begin...

Soldato
How about this for a solution? Everyone stops buying into 'Early Access' games and hopefully developers will get the message and go back to how it used to be back in the good old days, i.e. releasing finished products that only really need the odd small patch to address minor issues. People should not have to pay full price to beta test half-finished games with no content.
You’re preaching to the converted but the reality is that early access games are here to stay.

Soldato
What keeps people playing games?

That's right, content that will hold players and help them improve, not bore them.

You can keep keep mentioning the "early access" argument all you want. Simple fact is that EA games need to already have content, then build up from there. Otherwise numbers will dwindle and games will die before they even begin...
Already alluded to that in my post. They can roadmap all the want but content needs to be there from the get go, ea or not. It’s just how gamers, or at least mordern gamers, are. They’ll forgive bugs but not lack of content.
I don’t necessarily agree with that but it’s how things are and it’s the reason that potentially great games, like scum, are beat before they even get off the starting blocks.

Soldato
Already alluded to that in my post. They can roadmap all the want but content needs to be there from the get go, ea or not. It’s just how gamers, or at least mordern gamers, are. They’ll forgive bugs but not lack of content.
I don’t necessarily agree with that but it’s how things are and it’s the reason that potentially great games, like scum, are beat before they even get off the starting blocks.
The issue isn't the players, it's the developers.

Caporegime
games are made this way now. change your mindset to this or dont buy in. the games progressing well. you build the core first of the game. do it right then add content. you dont rush the basics so people have content to play to keep them happy. that way you end up in the long run with a worse game. some people wont be happy regardless. you see that with the same handful of people just bleating the same response each time. most dont even own it. sad really.

Soldato
The issue isn't the players, it's the developers.
I can agree with that to a certain extent (especially when you look at some of the pure and simple money grabs that appear in ea) but the players have to shoulder some of the burden of blame too.
If a game comes out in ea and states from the offset what to expect people still complain. That’s solely on the players have higher expectations than they are entitled to.
Players flocked to scum expecting something it’s not going to be for months (maybe years!) then complain when it’s not what they expected - yet it’s exactly what it described itself to be - that’s on the players, pure and simple.

Caporegime
they said 1 year to the road map. they listed what they would try to achieve in 1 year. they are on target to do so. nothing was easier to understand.

Associate
Well me and my mate teamed up last night had a few hours, near the end my friend took a dump like we have to but this was no normal dump, no not at all it was a huge purple dilllldoo WTF (i am not joking )

Anyway Thanks Dg for the link and info :)

Soldato
Woa - ever since the latest update I'm finding it impossible to get in and out of the military bases. The mechs now have a much wider field of view, and they don't stop anymore - just continually patrolling back and forth.

Associate
Woa - ever since the latest update I'm finding it impossible to get in and out of the military bases. The mechs now have a much wider field of view, and they don't stop anymore - just continually patrolling back and forth.

Thought it was just me been hopeless LOL yeah and the zombies are making me run like a girl i like it harder, this is where games have failed in the past there to damn easy its time for us to all man up lol ;)

Associate
Ha thought it was just me. I even switched to single player to get rid of any nerves going into the base but nope.....I still don't get very far!

Caporegime
this is where you need uber he is a instant bullet magnet for mechs :D

it can be hilarious trying to get in bases if the group doesnt know what they doint and the mechs locked in on you.:p

Back
Top Bottom