Sea Of Thieves (coming to Steam as well now!)

Associate
Release date 20th March 2018;

Alpha was quite fun to play if a little frustrating at times (1 quest at a time most of the time, and if you got stuck there wasn't much you could do really).

Had an email today inviting me to the Pioneer Program which I think is a alpha within the alpha (Technical Alpha being more polished than the Pioneer sessions). Looking forward to giving that a look when I next get a chance :)

Associate
The last few alphas was alright we did a fair bit of 2 / 4 player ships within our group.

Looking forward to Beta and any new content to test.

Edit - Closed Beta is also 24th Jan - 29th Jan

Last edited:
Man of Honour
How’s the feedback been for this game?
Interested in getting this.

I've enjoyed the last few Alphas but I think this game will live or die on its content. Whilst I enjoyed the alphas, the content within was pretty sparse and I could see it becoming very boring very quickly if there isnt considerably more to do in release. So I'm looking forward to beta and seeing what else there is.

Associate
I've enjoyed the last few Alphas but I think this game will live or die on its content. Whilst I enjoyed the alphas, the content within was pretty sparse and I could see it becoming very boring very quickly if there isnt considerably more to do in release. So I'm looking forward to beta and seeing what else there is.

Agreed, if not much is added to do, after a week or 2 once folk have bought all the cosmetics etc, they'll just spawn camp outposts for lulz.

Associate
Kind of hoping this has been subject to what an alpha is supposed to be ie testing the mechanics of the game rather than the content - although did feel rather polished.

I've got a Pioneer account so will be able to jump back into the alpha later and see how things have changed (if at all) which I'm really hoping has been filled with a bit more content or a busier map or similar.

Soldato
Watched a bit of this being streamed and nothing stood out. Looks like you need a few mates to get the best out of what there was.... that's me out !:p

Soldato
Been watching some streams, and to be fair the players seem to be really enjoying themselves, but nothing ever really seems to happen. Am I missing something, or is there something I just don't get?!

What's the 'point'? I see people sailing about, digging up chests, occasionally crashing their boat. No competition though. No winning or losing. No real anything other than sail boat, find chest, sail boat, crash boat, fix boat, find chgest, sail boat.....

I'm not trolling, I promise, I see lots of great reaction online, and I want to like something new but I've watched a stream on and off for a couple of hours while sat at the computer, and there don't seem to be any win or lose conditions, no score, no competition, not even much consequence to death.

Associate
Been watching some streams, and to be fair the players seem to be really enjoying themselves, but nothing ever really seems to happen. Am I missing something, or is there something I just don't get?!

What's the 'point'? I see people sailing about, digging up chests, occasionally crashing their boat. No competition though. No winning or losing. No real anything other than sail boat, find chest, sail boat, crash boat, fix boat, find chgest, sail boat.....

I'm not trolling, I promise, I see lots of great reaction online, and I want to like something new but I've watched a stream on and off for a couple of hours while sat at the computer, and there don't seem to be any win or lose conditions, no score, no competition, not even much consequence to death.

I'm totally with you on this. So far I don't understand what the "quests" really are supposed to achieve. I haven't really seen much of a story progressing and wonder what the point of it all is.

It looks like everyone playing on the streams are having a blast but I haven't seen much else beyond goofing around with your mates.

Back
Top Bottom