Sea Of Thieves (coming to Steam as well now!)

Associate
Yep, 50 quid kills it for me.

Id love to play it and its not that I couldnt pony up the money... but id like to think I want to get value for my money and £50 is a lot to put down on a PC game for me.

Having been spoilt by Steam sales, general PC game prices, key sites etc... I think its hard to convince a community to commit to this without real hard evidence that there is a lot of game in there.

It was fun though playing with a mate. Some easy gaming that bought back the relaxed feeling with a little competitive edge.

Soldato
You can pick it up for cheaper and it's ms store to allow cross play. It does cost a lot but options are available to try it.

Yes everyone has an opinion, much like a certain body part, this is a forum for discussion, but if someone does a muppet post, they then get treated as such. I perhaps could have been nicer but tbh I'm tired of those types of posters.....long day.

As I said, this is a beta, it remains to be seen what content is around on release, what the future plans are and if it still feels fun and fresh after a few months.

What I do know, is that the world and mechanics are fantastic so I intend to give it a go.

Soldato
As I said, I will be giving it a go on gamepass although the first 4 weeks for this title are massive.

As we move towards the more "quiet time" of the year for gaming, not that I think it is likely but this game could be "done" by the time summer roles around on PC. I see the console SKU having a longer shelf life.

With the high price point, their is little room for manoeuvre in terms of chargeable DLC owing to the high price of admission to add new game play elements to give it a shot in the arm.

They need to have a strong FREE DLC roadmap to give this a chance of surviving past the summer.

I do find the core gameplay solid although I get the feeling the world is "empty" but I hope they are not simply holding stuff back for chargeable DLC.

Last edited:
Soldato
While I'm not a fan of paid dlc, if it adds a lot of content (like dark souls) then I don't mind. Unlike the destiny 2 dlc which was a complete rip off.

I think I remember reading early paid stuff will be pet and cosmetic based, which doesn't appeal but will no doubt have a market and I hope they make a decent amount from it to go down the free dlc route.

Soldato
I agree that paid DLC isn't a bad thing if it's a proper amount of content, but on top of a £50 base-game it's a bitter pill to swallow... If the base game was more like £30 and as enjoyable as it seems it has the potential to be I'd actually be glad to throw some extra money into it for some more content... Look at Rocket League for instance; I bought some of the cosmetic DLC (not something I'd normally ever do) purely because I felt like the value I'd gotten out of the game was worth a lot more than the ~£15 entry fee I'd paid...

Permabanned
Great comeback, I'm in awe.

I'm not going to get into a petty back and forth with someone like you, it's pointless.

If you don't like it then go away and move on, if not, try playing it with others via the game pass option, won't cost you much for the month and then you can base your opinion on a full game rather than a beta. It might be shallow, it might have a thousand hours worth of gameplay, we don't know.

Lol are you a real person ? I made literally one comment saying i think it’s worth about £15 in a thread dedicated to opinions on said game and you got so triggered you basically told me my opinion wasnt worth anything and to go away and move on whilst trying to then take the high road with comments about not getting into a petty back and forth.... even though it was you who started it.

You’re either on a windup or more likely a premium grade neek who takes video gaming so seriously you get triggered by someone making a harmless comment about how much they think a game is worth.... sadly for you I’m fairly sure it’s the latter.

Last edited:
Soldato
Lol are you a real person ? I made literally one comment saying i think it’s worth about £15 in a thread dedicated to opinions on said game and you got so triggered you basically told me my opinion wasnt worth anything and to go away and move on whilst trying to then take the high road with comments about not getting into a petty back and forth.... even though it was you who started it.

You’re either on a windup or more likely a premium grade neek who takes video gaming so seriously you get triggered by someone making a harmless comment about how much they think a game is worth.... sadly for you I’m fairly sure it’s the latter.

He's just trying to justify his 50 quid investment.

Personally the lack of mob types, samey quests, streamer game, content means I'll be waiting till it's around 20 quid myself. Really don't see the appeal of spending 50 quid in what looks like a (lovely) indie game.

Soldato
I'd say £15-20 feels a little bit too cheap... but £50 is way too much... £30 feels about right depending on the future plan concerning additional content, cost of any DLC etc.

Soldato

You made a trash post, I made an observation and here we are. Nice selection of insults though, what else is on the daily mail today?

I also pointed out how you can try it cheaper.

Last edited:
Soldato
He's just trying to justify his 50 quid investment.

Personally the lack of mob types, samey quests, streamer game, content means I'll be waiting till it's around 20 quid myself. Really don't see the appeal of spending 50 quid in what looks like a (lovely) indie game.

Don't need to, paid £30 for it ages ago with every intention of cancelling if it was naff

Permabanned
You made a trash post, I made an observation and here we are. Nice selection of insults though, what else is on the daily mail today?

No mate, you're just an appalling neek who gets upset when someone thinks a game is worth less than what you think its worth. Its really that simple and very obvious from reading your posts.

I make a post not even addressed towards you saying I think something is worth £15 because it seemingly lacks depth, a viewpoint many people hold give or take a fiver.... this triggers you so badly that you decide to sarcastically label my post as a 'valuable contribution' and a 'trash post'.

Last edited:
Soldato
well it was a crap post, that's all. If you actually took the time to read my posts then that's not the position someone will form I don't think (with the exception of bit of a wind up with dg :D) plus some of my posts were actually in response to an earlier question you had, so, um, thanks?

Again with this neek and triggered, ASD much?

Moving on to try and get this thread back on track

https://www.seaofthieves.com/news/launch-livestream

On March 20th, Sea of Thieves will be setting sail exclusively on Xbox One and Windows 10 and inviting players from all over the world to Be More Pirate.

To make sure everyone's ship-shape for the big day, we'll be broadcasting a live stream direct from the studio tomorrow to bring all you budding brigands up to speed on everything you need to know about Sea of Thieves!

Sound good? Tune in and join our crew live at Rare HQ on Wednesday March 14th at 5pm GMT to:

• Get a definitive guide to the Sea of Thieves experience, with a handy overview of what you'll be able to do in the game from day one!

• Find out about the wild and wonderful things going on around the world to celebrate Sea of Thieves' launch, including events (hopefully) near you!

• See some of the finest Sea of Thieves treasures out there on the store shelves and ripe for the taking (note: theft is discouraged in the real world), ranging from original comic books to Xbox One console bundles!

• Put your burning Sea of Thieves questions to Executive Producer Joe Neate and Design Director Mike Chapman in a live Q&A session!

The stream will start at 5pm GMT (1pm EDT/10am PDT) on Wednesday March 14th and be broadcast live on Mixer and Twitch. You'll also be able to catch the stream on repeat following the broadcast, and see highlights on our YouTube channel.

So join us then to fully maximise your pre-launch hype. And beyond that, we hope to meet up with you for a frantic Skeleton Fort assault or an old-fashioned grog and concertina jam out there on the seas!

Soldato
Just a quick heads up that you can play this now for free for 14 days with the Xbox Game Pass.

Change your windows region and time settings to New Zealand and away you go.

Soldato
Anyone else redeemed a key yet? ive redeemed my key from CDkeys but no option to pre load or anything. Eveytime i click on sea of thieves it just says "pre order" like I dont already own it, nor is it in my "collection"

Back
Top Bottom