Sea Of Thieves (coming to Steam as well now!)

Soldato
A game I've been looking forward too for a while just not enough piratey games available at the minute. Although £45+ being a bit steep, as long as it's good I don't mind.

Recently hooked on blackwake on steam which is a great pvp pirate game. Keep me busy until this comes out.

Caporegime
My 11 year old is YouTubeing this endlessly and it looks good from what I’ve seen, he says if he gets it for his Xbox 1X I get a code to play with / against him on the PC at the same time....

Is this true? I’ll gladly go halves with him on it if so.

I do make him pay for the majority of his console games from his Birthday/ Christmas money, trying to teach him the value of stuff, although I think he sees money as game tokens! :D

Associate
My 11 year old is YouTubeing this endlessly and it looks good from what I’ve seen, he says if he gets it for his Xbox 1X I get a code to play with / against him on the PC at the same time....

Is this true? I’ll gladly go halves with him on it if so.

I do make him pay for the majority of his console games from his Birthday/ Christmas money, trying to teach him the value of stuff, although I think he sees money as game tokens! :D

I know that they have implemented cross play with the game, but I'm not sure you'll both be able to play at once as I think it will be tied to the gamer tag that registers the key.

Associate
I know that they have implemented cross play with the game, but I'm not sure you'll both be able to play at once as I think it will be tied to the gamer tag that registers the key.

I believe you can just use family sharing to download his sons game on his own windows account and they should be able to play together. At least this was possible before with Gear of war 4 dont know its its changed at all since then.

Associate
BETA OUT FOR EVERYONE TO PLAY NOW

The link for the beta is this > https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/store/p/sea-of-thieves-final-beta/9p54wfhg498g

28951858_10156225305967375_811408220979520378_n.jpg

You will need a microsoft username and password for it to work me thinks, i tried it without signing in and didn't work then i tried again since i logged into my microsoft account and now it works to download that is.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Lol, got beaten in a fight by some angry swearing irish guy lol. We were like, get a life guy its just a game haha, some angry folk out there in internet land :D

Soldato
Well managed to download it finally but now can't get into a server, might just be busy but honestly the whole experience has already made me not want to buy it...

Especially things like - how to invite friends? Easy just open the Xbox app, search for their name, add them and invite them... then the server fails to connect... they're all kicked from the lobby and you then have to open the Xbox app again, but they don't appear properly in the friends list, so you have to search for each friend by gamertag again one at a time...

I'm sure the game could be incredible but so far I've spent nearly 2 hours with my friends watching the various lobby and loading screens and ******** about with the ten-ton of Microsoft crap that I was required to sign up to just to play the game... and they want £50 for this on top of all that? Gaming in 2018 everyone

Soldato
It's a beta, they are still testing servers which they have made very clear.

Ohhh right... of course... so in the final game all the garbage Microsoft shovelware that's required to play, clunky awful interface for adding friends and inviting them into your lobby and ridiculous over-inflated price-tag will be totally different? I didn't realise all those things were so directly tied into the testing of the servers, thanks for clearing that up :)

Permabanned
Ohhh right... of course... so in the final game all the garbage Microsoft shovelware that's required to play, clunky awful interface for adding friends and inviting them into your lobby and ridiculous over-inflated price-tag will be totally different? I didn't realise all those things were so directly tied into the testing of the servers, thanks for clearing that up :)
Wait a few weeks after release like any other sane person.

Soldato
Windows store is what it is, once you are in that's it - it can be put to the back of your mind.

Either you can get over that and enjoy the game once it's stable or you can't in which case move on.

Anticipation for this game is huge plus the complications that come with cross play - problems are going to occur, lots of them I expect. Plan for this or be prepared to write a few more rants :p

Soldato
Decided to give it a go, started playing at 11pm, finished playing at 4:50am..

Holy crap, not had fun like that for years.. This is going to be an instabuy when it comes out.. What a game.

Man of Honour
Still interested in it, played in all the alphas, but still as concerned as I was in the alphas that there isnt much to do and there's only so long that sailing to and from tiny "islands" digging up boxes is going to be interesting for. I think the question mark over longevitity is the only thing holding me back at the moment.

Soldato
Yeah that's a concern that I have aswell, but I've probably played about 20 hours, still loving it. Will definitely get it and hope they continue to expand the world.

Associate
Decided to give it a go, started playing at 11pm, finished playing at 4:50am..

Holy crap, not had fun like that for years.. This is going to be an instabuy when it comes out.. What a game.

Same as! I was sharing a galleon with two guys from America, both on their Xbones. My first experience of cross platform play and it worked fine.

Back
Top Bottom