Sea Of Thieves (coming to Steam as well now!)

Associate
1 player in my party crashed whilst in the middle of a quest, we had anchored and got to an island.

The only way to get him back in was for me to drop and to start a party again.

Howver we have spawned on the default starting island with none of our gear.

Is there no persistence in game? How do you keep things and/or get back to ships?

I mean if we just log off without crashing, surely you dont just come back to the start without everything you had played for?

Soldato
He should have been able to rejoin, sometimes closing everything down Inc windows store then joining via the Xbox ap.

Keep things? Well chests you need to return or lose, rest is bought and stored on your character of one of the inventory boxes

Soldato
I'm not sure what is it but I really want to like this game but it just seems there's not much to do after a few hours of play. Finally managed to get grouped with someone who wasn't an idiot but we both left after an hour as we were just pretty bored of it even after such a short time.

Soldato
I'm not sure what is it but I really want to like this game but it just seems there's not much to do after a few hours of play. Finally managed to get grouped with someone who wasn't an idiot but we both left after an hour as we were just pretty bored of it even after such a short time.

There is obvious progression in the game, that is what will keep people coming back.. As well as the peronal stories that play out through the general multiplayer aspect of the game.

I am positive there will be more progression added, its nice to see a game that isn't so one dimensional as the quick fix games people are playing nowadays.. I could have hours of fun just sailing the high sea's to be honest.. don't need the super action packed risk & reward so prevelant in today's games.

Soldato
There is obvious progression in the game, that is what will keep people coming back.. As well as the peronal stories that play out through the general multiplayer aspect of the game.

I am positive there will be more progression added, its nice to see a game that isn't so one dimensional as the quick fix games people are playing nowadays.. I could have hours of fun just sailing the high sea's to be honest.. don't need the super action packed risk & reward so prevelant in today's games.

Not saying it needs to be more action packed but it really needs an awful lot more of things to do. I was already getting tired of the "fetch" missions just after a few hours. I know they have things planned for post-release so fingers crossed they can follow up with more content and hopefully make the world feel a little less empty. The first few hours with friends are really fun especially when you're all trying to multi-task like mad in a sloop trying to out manoeuvre and sink a galleon!

Associate
I'm a 42 year old father of two and yesterday my stomach was in agony from laughing so much once I found out that 5 cups o' grog has you spewing green sick over anyone and everything. I puked over my crewmate who was trying to sail the ship, obscuring his vision, I puked in the sea when I fell off the boat trying to make my way to another crewmate, I puked over a shark that attacked me as I was trying to get back on the boat after drunkenly falling off. It was utterly hilarious and I'm not ashamed in the slightest maybe a bit.

Tried to do a skull fort but the waves of skeletons were too much. Hope some more quests are fleshed out in release but the game has gone from 'one to watch' to an 'instabuy' depending on how many of my friends get it.

Associate
Had great fun last night with a 4 man crew. Took out 2 galleons including reversing a ramming action from them into us boarding and murdering the lot of them and taking their 2 chests.

Got quite frantic though as we had about 7 chest on board and on going to drop them off had 2 galleons chasing us down.

I think I'll start this off with the 14 day free game pass trial then see if I can get it for below £40. Like others, I worry the longevity might not be there but it is fun.

Soldato
This needs to be on Steam - Windows store is a horrid thing to use!!

Good game but not sure about how much long term play there will be with this

Soldato
After the horrible experience of just getting the thing to work it is good fun... I think if it were on Steam and £30 or less it'd be an insta-buy for me (assuming enough of my mates buy it too)... Will see what kind of deals come up once it releases

Soldato
Had a blast last night playing this, but I did think that I needed more of an incentive to go get chests than just buying cosmetics. Unless I've missed something?

Was great sailing along with all the lights off at night, then upon seeing another ship and starting the chase ringing the bell and lighting the lamps. It seemed like nobody else bothered adjusting their sail angles so catching up with other ships (even sloops) seemed fairly straight forwards. Protip: dropping anchor at full speed is a good way to do a very quick turn, although you do have to raise it again afterwards if course.

Permabanned
Had fun for about 6 hours before realising how boring it was going to get in the long term.

Waves are pretty and the atmosphere is great at times, the game just lacks anything worth doing though.

Lord knows how anyone could spend £45 on this, has little to no depth at all and the constant pirate banter is already doing my **** in. Seems more suited to a £15 price rage imo. To think Microsoft hyped this as one of their major exclusives to rival PS4 content. Lol.

Soldato
So you don't like the game so it's overhyped and worth £15? Thanks for the valuable contribution.

I have about 20 odd hours on it and never got bored, half my mates have played it even more and loved every second.

It's not going to be for everyone but if you have friends and looking for a laugh then this game can certainly deliver that.

Permabanned
So you don't like the game so it's overhyped and worth £15? Thanks for the valuable contribution.

I have about 20 odd hours on it and never got bored, half my mates have played it even more and loved every second.

It's not going to be for everyone but if you have friends and looking for a laugh then this game can certainly deliver that.

So you don't like that i think the game is only worth £15 ? Thanks for the valuable contribution.

Soldato
So you don't like that i think the game is only worth £15 ? Thanks for the valuable contribution.

Great comeback, I'm in awe.

I'm not going to get into a petty back and forth with someone like you, it's pointless.

If you don't like it then go away and move on, if not, try playing it with others via the game pass option, won't cost you much for the month and then you can base your opinion on a full game rather than a beta. It might be shallow, it might have a thousand hours worth of gameplay, we don't know.

Soldato

The point of a forum is so EVERYONE can put their opinion across.

Having played the game and thought similar myself, i think they had a valid point.

No need for the sarcasm.

The price point is a HUGE elephant in the room for this game, along with only being on the Windows Store, for many people.

This game will live or die after the first 30 days mark.

Hype should garner MANY initial players alone along with gamepass players (Like myself) but after the 30 days, how many purchases will be coming back and how many will be cancelling their gamepass sub? Who knows.

Would I want to shell out £50 on this RIGHT NOW.. not a chance.

No need for a sarcastic remark, it is simply my thoughts.

Back
Top Bottom