Seeing SetiClassic off in style!

Associate
Were a lot of TPR our people once upon a time?

Is it worth coaxing them back and apologising for past misdemeanors, or even a merge of teams for that matter, why go down in history as 2nd and 81st in the rankings when together we're 1st?

Man of Honour
Dunno if apologising is going to have any affect, plus there isn't much individually we can apologise for, but that being said nothing to stop us asking if they will help. :)

I know that I coaxed one back once to help in a intra-international struggle in the past, mind you that caused a bit of stink back then come to think of it :p

Associate
It was going to be close anyway, but if they up production I can't see us having much of a hope without a lot more power. I guess a lot of people who might help are on boinc and folding and don't know about this yet, how could we put the message out a bit more?

Associate
Running down some BOINC work queues but have moved a dual 3.2 xeon box over. Using the seti driver thing just stuck 2 in the max processes box thing and seems to have 2 processes running in the task list. Do I need to enable the auto-transmit box to get it to send results? Anything else I should be doing?

I've long since lost my classic account info (and did hardly any units back then anyway) so am using team modalot :)

Soldato
Never thought I'd see the day I'd earn this:

cgi2

:)

MGP

MGP

Soldato
Raithmir said:
Running down some BOINC work queues but have moved a dual 3.2 xeon box over. Using the seti driver thing just stuck 2 in the max processes box thing and seems to have 2 processes running in the task list. Do I need to enable the auto-transmit box to get it to send results? Anything else I should be doing?

I've long since lost my classic account info (and did hardly any units back then anyway) so am using team modalot :)

In theory that should be right. If your Xeon's have hyperthreading enabled, then processes in setidriver should be set to 4. Have a check in two or three hours that the autotransmit is actually doing it's thing. I've seen setidriver get itself stuck occasionally. You can build a little cache with setidrtiver just to make sure all is well, allow for a day's worth of WUs, say 30 ought to be a nice round number.

Back
Top Bottom