Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - Released 22/03/2019

Soldato
This reminds me a lot of GoW mixed with Hollow Knight. Both good games but also at times, frustrating with specific bosses/mechanics.

Tell me about it lol, cracking up here. I'm currently at am impasse, choice of two bosses to progress and can't do either, turning it off before I have stroke. :mad:

If you would share which ones you are stuck on, I may offer a little insight?

Soldato
Without giving too much away, one has a surname of a little insect and the other had a fiery bail attached to it. The latter I managed to beat though and loving the next area, fantastic setting.

Cheers though :)

Soldato
Really enjoying this, the whole feel of the game is spot on, totally agree that sometimes the camera/mechanics cause issues and it’s hard as nails but so satisfying and rewarding at the same time. Never played the dark souls games but I’m glad I picked this up, so different to what else is out there and the combat is brutal but really well done.

Soldato
So I'm interested in this, but considering I snapped my Bloodbourne disc in two after about a week, I'm worried about making an uniformed purchase.

Would people say it's harder/easier/more forgiving/annoying/what?

Should I stay away? :D

Soldato
It's considerably harder, there's no real way to ease the challenge either as you don't have the grinding option to level up in order to increase health/damage so you have to get better.

The controls are okay but I've definitely had missed inputs and there are some pretty cheap enemy attacks (think diving attacks that change direction in mid-air) so if Bloodbourne annoyed you then I'd steer clear or at the very least wait until you can pick up a used copy which shouldn't take long as I imagine many have already rage quit for good.

I like a challenge and I'll persist but personally I think this is slightly the wrong side of "harsh but fair" for many players.

Soldato
Those diving/jumping attacks....the ones that change direction mid air... Now I could sort of forgive this if it's a nimble small ninja like enemy, but not a huge slow moving ogre thing or a blubbery dude with a sword. Seriously From Software... FFS.

Associate
I would consider myself quite the veteran when it comes to the BB and Souls Series....I love them and have played them all many times.....while difficult, I found once you have mastered the mechanics they are harsh but fair.....this on the other hand is a bitch! Im not sure if I have gone ahead of myself, but being 1 shotted by bosses is incredibly unfair...im at the Drunk boss without spoiling much and if he manages to hit you even with swings from behind that weren't meant for you, you are dead instantly.

Makes it hard to learn when you are punished for even the slightest mistake.

Soldato
Those diving/jumping attacks....the ones that change direction mid air... Now I could sort of forgive this if it's a nimble small ninja like enemy, but not a huge slow moving ogre thing or a blubbery dude with a sword. Seriously From Software... FFS.
they've definitely added a level of BS that wasn't in the previous titles

Caporegime
https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikka...so-much-harder-than-dark-souls-or-bloodborne/

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice is so much harder than any of these games it's not even funny. I'm far from completing the game, but even in its opening few hours it's more challenging than some of the most difficult parts of previous FromSoft games. As you progress further, it only gets more and more difficult, even as you are required to hone your skills to a fine edge. As the game's various skill trees blossom, and you gain various new powerful Shinobi prosthetic tools, the true scope of Sekiro's depth comes to life. But even as you grow in skill and power, so do your foes. And the learning curve is steep and relentless.

The game's challenge is heightened further by the fact that you have to go it alone. You can't turn on "easy mode" by summoning help. In Sekiro, you're a lone wolf and you must fend for yourself.

Dear readers and potential players of this game, here is a truth: You will die so many times, in so many different ways, that when you do finally topple that ridiculously challenging boss, you will feel godlike and badass and just utterly relieved all at the same time. You'll exhale without realizing you were holding your breath.

How many controllers you go through before you get to that point remains to be seen. It's the kind of game that will certainly encourage rage-quitting.

If that sounds familiar—if it reminds you of Dark Souls, perhaps—get over this delusion. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice is much more challenging than anything FromSoftware has made previously.

And frankly, I think it's the kind of game that most people will never finish. That's normal for most single-player games, but I think it's doubly true here. I bet we see a pretty high drop-out level not that far into the game. I could be wrong, but this is my prediction. And that's fine. This is a game for the truly masochistic, the diehard, the hardcore. The true ninjas.

Associate
The ogre was brutal, I ended up cheesing his second orb :( Thankfully the mini-boss after him was a lot easier although that didn't last for long!

Ive just done the Orge last night, took me like 15 attempts, i know how to beat him i just couldnt do it! A game hasnt got me this worked up in a very very long time lol

my question is i saved the game by revisiting the idol (i think i did) and then i moved forward, decided i didnt want the fight and then paused and quit, will i have to fight the Orge again? please say no!

Back
Top Bottom