***Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice***

Soldato
Finished NG+ Shura today run and got the achievement for all bosses.

I have to say
Emma
is way harder than Genichiro and
Old Isshin
is problematic in second phase.
I died quite a few times and the necessity to redo everything made me get rid of the Demon Bell. Turned out there wasn't that much of a difference but I just wanted to get over with it.

Time for NG++.

Amazing what a break can do, getting battered by Owl Father to the point of quitting, go on holiday for a week; come back and decide to wipe my save and just start from scratch and enjoy the game. Genichiro done first try, Owl Father only took five attempts.....on to Fountain Head :D

Associate
Finished NG+ Shura today run and got the achievement for all bosses.

I have to say
Emma
is way harder than Genichiro and
Old Isshin
is problematic in second phase.
I died quite a few times and the necessity to redo everything made me get rid of the Demon Bell. Turned out there wasn't that much of a difference but I just wanted to get over with it.

Time for NG++.
Is there replayability in this game?

Soldato
Is there replayability in this game?

Depends. If you want to get all endings and achievements without save scumming, NG+ is a must. Not much changes but you can get stuff you missed or try different quest outcomes and obviously fullfil the requirements for certain endings, which you sure as hell won't figure out on your own during your first playthrough unless you use a guide.

You can also enable additional hardships and will have a lot more resources to vary your playstyle. That's practically all.

First playthrough can take you around 30h to finish if you explore and there's quite a lot to miss. I'd say that's pretty good value already considering the quality of the game.

NG++ will be my last playthrough as I feel like I've exhausted myself with the game already so I just want to wrap it up and get the plat. It's still fun but I rarely replay games and I know it inside out already.

If you want to get every achievement, you're looking at 60+ hours.

Soldato
Shinobi Owl NG+2 Bell Demon first try, no prosthetics:D Still made quite a lot of mistakes. This run I didn't die against the Ape so no deaths so far but we'll see how the rest goes:p

Associate
Finally beat the game last night for the first time, the last fight again
old isshin
is BS lol, got super lucky really but it was overall a good finale fight.
I did take the "purification" ending route, probably wouldn't of got this one if I didn't check the guide lol, was playing blind until i got to the Guardian Ape.
Going to need take a break before jumping back on it again..(probably won't touch it again for long time)

Soldato
Finally beat the game last night for the first time, the last fight again
old isshin
is BS lol, got super lucky really but it was overall a good finale fight.
I did take the "purification" ending route, probably wouldn't of got this one if I didn't check the guide lol, was playing blind until i got to the Guardian Ape.
Going to need take a break before jumping back on it again..(probably won't touch it again for long time)

Which one? There are two and the old one is from the Shura ending and gave me quite a solid thrashing in NG+ with Bell Demon. If you're talking about Purification ending then you fought
Sword Saint Isshin, his younger self
, I found him a bit more manageable.

Soldato
Completed NG++ for the Return ending but I used that bloody pointless mask by accident and lost 5 exp points:/ More grinding for me.

I was going to save scum the last ending but I still have 27 points to get all skills so maybe it's better to just go for the next cycle and run through the game again instead of farming that one ninja for 10h.

Soldato
You can use the mask!? I know spoilers are a no no but i need to know moarr!

Not much of a spoiler, most people won't even use it but
once you get all the mask fragments from a Memorial Mob guy and Koremori/Harunaga you can exchange 5 skill points for an attack up, the same you got from boss memories

Soldato
15 points to go. I may indeed start NG+3 as really want to fight Owl Father and Sword Saint for the third time. I beat Owl Father 2nd try on NG++ with Demon Bell but did worse against Sword Saint and it took quite a few tries, some of which I ***** up badly. I need a rematch:p

Soldato
I forgot Mushin arts have skills from other trees in them so I didn't need as much points, slightly more than an hour of grinding. Did that and reloaded to get the normal ending and the Plat.

I popped the save back for a proper NG+++ playthrough some time when the game freshens up for me, without Kuro's charm and just dumping points into the mask:p

Had a great time, I hope they'll make a more fleshed out sequel with this sort of combat system.

Im almost done with NG+ and i have to admit im not enjoying it as much, i think once you get the combat down, other than the 'big' bosses its a bit of a grind. I know it wont be a popular opinion but i think the game DOES need some variety in weapons, not saying he should use great swords/axe etc al la Souls, just different Katana maybe.

Im sure it will get a great DLC and i hope they make a sequel with this combat mechanic but just more items to use :)

Soldato
I'm thinking of purchasing this game, is it worth the punt, how does it compare to the likes of Tenchu from the old PS?

For me, it was. Got 60+h from it doing all the endings, exploring every nook and cranny + a bit of grinding in the end. I still plan on doing a run with both hardships on somewhere down the road. Loved the combat, bosses and the cryptic characters. The game also runs very solid and looks very good.

The thing is, it's not really Tenchu. It's more or less Dark Souls without most of the RPG fluff and a different combat/movement system set in Sengoku-era Japan.

Soldato
For me, it was. Got 60+h from it doing all the endings, exploring every nook and cranny + a bit of grinding in the end. I still plan on doing a run with both hardships on somewhere down the road. Loved the combat, bosses and the cryptic characters. The game also runs very solid and looks very good.

The thing is, it's not really Tenchu. It's more or less Dark Souls without most of the RPG fluff and a different combat/movement system set in Sengoku-era Japan.

Thanks, might give it a go once it drops down in price.

Back
Top Bottom