***Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice***

Soldato
Man, I'd love a mode that lets you replay bosses or at having least multiple save slots. I had a short but really fun time with
Sword Saint
and many of the bosses, I even made a save backup but something hassle-free would be great. I'm going into NG+ anyways but still.

Soldato
Great Shinobi Owl... On my second attempt I barely touched him and he took all of my gourd uses. I had hardly any health left and it was flashing red. Suddenly I realised all of his moves are easy to avoid/deflect and I beat him without getting hit the rest of the fight!

Another great boss fight.

Soldato
To guys who have finished the game, anything I should do/farm before starting NG+ items wise or other?

I killed all optional bosses and minibosses, Kubinashi and Shichimen, have all Prayerbeads, and Lapis Lazuli but I didn't buy
the mask
, not sure if I missed anything else.

Soldato
Patch 1.03 is apparently landing tomorrow and introduces rebalancing of some enemies and spirit emblem cost/effectiveness of some prosthetics as well as bugfixes so I might hold off jumping into NG+.

Soldato
I completed this yesterday, what a game. Truly maddening at times, but so good when you find a rhythm that works!

The visuals and quality are all exceptional, sometimes I would just stop and take in the scenes.

However I am getting older and my reaction times aren't what they were in my youth, I spent a lot of time jumping into overhead slashes, dodging into attacks, and mistiming deflections.

I am happy that I finished the game, but I am not going to embark on NG+ and will instead leave it here. This is definitely the hardest thing I've played in recent years.

Soldato
I actually did start NG+, it was fun smacking prologue Geni around:D

I'd say the game's difficulty is all right, final boss took me around 8 or 9 tries with idiotic mistakes in the first phase, the biggest roadblock being a certain someone. It was challenging sometimes but not impossible. I'm playing with Sinister Burden now so we'll see how it goes as I'm still not that good at the game but wanted to try.

Soldato
Into my third(NG++) play through now, don't know if I'll manage a fourth but I am interested in seeing all four endings without Youtube.

You can just
complete required steps for all endings and save after beating Isshin, copy the save and give Kuro different items for desired endings after reloading, you'll get achievements as well

Soldato
You can just
complete required steps for all endings and save after beating Isshin, copy the save and give Kuro different items for desired endings after reloading, you'll get achievements as well

I knew that's a possibility at the time but chose not to. My last two
are Betrayal and Homecoming, and I'll be doing Betrayal this run.

Soldato
I knew that's a possibility at the time but chose not to. My last two
are Betrayal and Homecoming, and I'll be doing Betrayal this run.

Yeah, I understand, I got the saves but I want to at least try to legit replay for other endings, though I might be fed up with it in the end.
Purification was my first ending, I'll try Shura for NG+ and will probably save scum Severance/Return in NG++

Soldato
Yeah, I understand, I got the saves but I want to at least try to legit replay for other endings, though I might be fed up with it in the end.
Purification was my first ending, I'll try Shura for NG+ and will probably save scum Severance/Return in NG++

Blasted through NG++ today, I'm already at the choice atop Ashina Castle and only had one death along the way courtesy of duo ape.

Soldato
Blasted through NG++ today, I'm already at the choice atop Ashina Castle and only had one death along the way courtesy of duo ape.

Nice, do you fight all the minibosses along the way? I think I'll skip many of them this time, Headless for sure. I didn't play much yesterday, did the ogre and the two generals, ogre grabbed me once and 80% of my health was gone, I still suck at this:p

Soldato
Nice, do you fight all the minibosses along the way? I think I'll skip many of them this time, Headless for sure. I didn't play much yesterday, did the ogre and the two generals, ogre grabbed me once and 80% of my health was gone, I still suck at this:p

Yeah I did them all except 2 Headless and 1 Schichicihi Warrior.

Soldato
Yeah I did them all except 2 Headless and 1 Schichicihi Warrior.

I don't think I have that sort of resolve:p I'll most certainly do some of them but not all, I think. I just don't find it as fresh as the first time obviously but I'll do Ashina Spears etc.

NG+ is still fun especially after the patch, I get loads of money and emblems so I actually have fun with prosthetics but I'm not sure I'll endure getting all endings without scumming.

So far I've done Butterfly with Bell Demon on, will try Gyoubu and Geni next.

EDIT: Gyoubu done, Demon Bell does make a difference, not so much on those initial bosses like Butterfly and Gyoubu that you'll just do first try but it's there. I'll keep it on for now.

Last edited:
Soldato
What’s the demon bell ? Absolutely loving this now I’ve opened up all the skill trees and just done Gyoubu last night, got up to where that bull thing is and immediately turned round and decided to go do hirata estate first :D the combat has a lot of depth once you start unlocking abilities and prosthetics, that’s without thinking about wether you need to be blocking/deflecting or dodging.

Soldato
What’s the demon bell ? Absolutely loving this now I’ve opened up all the skill trees and just done Gyoubu last night, got up to where that bull thing is and immediately turned round and decided to go do hirata estate first :D the combat has a lot of depth once you start unlocking abilities and prosthetics, that’s without thinking about wether you need to be blocking/deflecting or dodging.

It's
a mechanic that makes the game harder by giving enemies more vit/posture resistance and increasing the damage to your vit/posture, you have to ring a certain bell to get a Sinister Burden. It increases the drops of items, I'm using it in NG+:p

You can also enable a different hardship but I didn't have the balls for that in NG+:p

Back
Top Bottom