• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Selling GPU to CEX

Caporegime
Bought an RX 5600XT , it died within 2 weeks in my wife pc (hence the wanted thread recently). No quible returns though.
I'll say a prayer tonight for that 5600 XT, taken away from us far too soon.

I think this video is very apt for the mood right now, and I urge everyone who reads this post to click play.

RIP

Associate
Selling to cex is a easy, sold a few gpu’s I’ve the last 12 months and never had an issue with them. Buying I would do it local so you can see the gpu in person. I would bet a fair few are new and only opened to confirm it is what it is.

Soldato
Cex 3080 £1190 or the bay £1700

curb-your-enthusiasm-larry-david.gif

Soldato
I'm seriuosly thinking of cashing in on my 3060ti Gigabyte Gaming OC, there's used LHR ones sold for £900 on a popular auction site, and with mine being bought last December it's no-LHR. Also considering I "only" paid for £480 for, which in hindisght was a steal as they're now going for £650 ish.

What to replace it with? 6700XT maybe (I can pick one up for £700-£750), very similair performance, not bothered about RT, and with 12GB VRAM for down the road...

It's tempting...

Only concern really is getting ripped off, how do I insulate myself against that possibility?

Soldato
I'm seriuosly thinking of cashing in on my 3060ti Gigabyte Gaming OC, there's used LHR ones sold for £900 on a popular auction site, and with mine being bought last December it's no-LHR. Also considering I "only" paid for £480 for, which in hindisght was a steal as they're now going for £650 ish.

What to replace it with? 6700XT maybe (I can pick one up for £700-£750), very similair performance, not bothered about RT, and with 12GB VRAM for down the road...

It's tempting...

Only concern really is getting ripped off, how do I insulate myself against that possibility?
Sell as collection only cash or BT.

Associate
Hi

Looking to sell my EVGA 2080 ti Black Edition (luckily managed to get a 3080 ti FE) but don't want to sell through ebay cause scammers etc, was looking at Facebook marketplace but this also looks dodgy right now when it comes to selling a GPU,

I honestly don't want to scalp any one that needs a card so I thought the best way sell with no hassle would be to CEX,

They are offering about £600 for this card but selling it at £900 which seems just as bad as the ebay scammers, does anyone have any experience selling to them, I don't have the original box so not sure what the process is but it's pretty annoying knowing they are marking up 2nd hand GPU's by 300 quid, doesn't sit right with me.

Avoid cex if you want your moneys worth. You're basically paying for the convenience of just dropping it off.

Yeah idiots will try scam you on fb marketplace, but offer bank transfer only and you can't go wrong imo. No returns/refunds on there anyway.

Associate
I sold my 3080FE to CeX, dropped it off on Sunday and got the payment notice today, can`t complain as I got £1190 which paid for my 3080ti FE and have some change too.

Associate
Sorry for the thread bump, but I was wondering if anyone here has had experience of buying a second hand GPU from CeX?

Curious to know anyone who has done that. What condition was it in, were all accessories supplied etc? Any problems?

Cheers. :)

Bought a 770 almost a year ago, as I couldn't get a 3XXX series and I wanted to play something at Christmas. The card arrived and it wasn't in good condition, fans were rattling really badly and the moment you played something or did a stress test, it would overheat and the PC would shut down itself.

I didn't want to send it back, as there weren't any more available, so I cleaned it up and changed the thermal paste, and that solved the temperature issues (not the rattling though). Used it for about six months and sold sold it when I finally got a 3070. CEX didn't buy it from me, as they said the fans weren't in good condition (and that's how they sold it to me). I'm pretty sure that GPU wasn't tested at all, you could tell it wasn't in good condition just by turning the PC on. Wouldn't buy an expensive GPU from them if I'm honest.

Caporegime
Bought a 770 almost a year ago, as I couldn't get a 3XXX series and I wanted to play something at Christmas. The card arrived and it wasn't in good condition, fans were rattling really badly and the moment you played something or did a stress test, it would overheat and the PC would shut down itself.

I didn't want to send it back, as there weren't any more available, so I cleaned it up and changed the thermal paste, and that solved the temperature issues (not the rattling though). Used it for about six months and sold sold it when I finally got a 3070. CEX didn't buy it from me, as they said the fans weren't in good condition (and that's how they sold it to me). I'm pretty sure that GPU wasn't tested at all, you could tell it wasn't in good condition just by turning the PC on. Wouldn't buy an expensive GPU from them if I'm honest.
That's pretty bad. You really should have sent it back.

Back
Top Bottom