Sennheiser HD650 - The classic beauty in a grey dress Appreciation thread!

Man of Honour
I don't know what pads other people have bought who claim that but I'm not hearing any difference. they are not closed back headphones, so I wouldn't expect the pads themselves to change much of the sound at all given the inner part is still leather and the sound comes through the inner felt pads.

Man of Honour
Some replacement pads are smaller (especially the cheap ones) or a hard material that definitely changes the sound - I even notice a difference between having my glasses on or off with the original pads.

Those look so close to the original probably no difference.

Man of Honour
With glasses on you're still creating a tiny amount of opening so sound will channel out reducing the impact otherwise created by full pad contact around the whole pad so I can understand that. These appear to be the exact same size and thickness, even the spongyness of the foam is the same as the original pads! I just wish they were memory foam :/

Associate
My low cost replacement to the Sennheiser pads is just taking the rings off a pair of used up pads and using them with HM5 velours. Sound change a little bit, but comfort is much better now, at least for my big blocky head.

Soldato
My low cost replacement to the Sennheiser pads is just taking the rings off a pair of used up pads and using them with HM5 velours. Sound change a little bit, but comfort is much better now, at least for my big blocky head.

That's something else I've been thinking of trying, does it change the sound much? I've even seen people putting the sheepskin pads on, which is going to boost the bass by quite a bit I would have thought.

Associate
Pleather just added a lot more bass and recessed the mids a bit I recall, didn't like it at all. Velour is close to stock, the only reason they sound different I think is because your ears are a bit further away from the driver.
It's a HD580, but it's the only fr I found:
HD580_stock_vs_HM5Vel.png

Associate
To be fair, I don't really notice that much of a 7k dip on the HD650s, but ymmv. I generally really like the comfort upgrade with the HM5 velours and the sound changes are bearable.
I want to try some Shure 1540 Alcantara pads, I have a feeling they might work well with the HD650, but dang, they're more expensive than the stock pads! :D

Associate
To be fair, from what I recall the K712 pads were really comfortable so they at least warrant their price, a little bit. That memory foam/gel and velour combo felt so nice.

Man of Honour
The Amazon seller got back to me, I also noticed I'd been refunded :p

Hi,Robbie
Thanks your msg friend,we did not note that before friend,we will contact factory to confirm this ,and we have changed our description.
really sorry,have refund all money back,any more questions in next days feel free to contact please,Thank you friend!
Best regards
Simon

Friend?

Friend_4cc29b_979214.jpg

Back
Top Bottom