Sent Item To Wrong Address

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
wedgie said:
I've given a reason why people might think it was you, that's all.

If you care to look back you will find I've already said I don't think it was you, I may even have been the first to actually say I don't think you did it!

I can figure out why people think it was me anyway, thanks. Anyone who comes to a lame conclusion that I must've linked him because I didn't fully agree with everyone is pretty odd, especially since I've got no access to his ebay account, email address, or real address.

I do apologise if I've misinterpreted you.

Edit: To all the above, do tell me what you want to hear from me, I feel obliged to say it.

Last edited:
Soldato
Benjarghmin said:
I have no need to backup my opinion. My opinion was wrong, correct. Then I adjusted it, and it is fully justified without any intervention. Opinion isn't fact, and doesn't need to be justified whatsoever.

I think citing the DTI at every turn kind of inferred that you were trying to palm off your worthless opinion as fact.

Soldato
divine_madness said:
YAY! Let's turn a good thread into petty bickering!!

It just wouldn't be OcUK otherwise...

Yup, just need to link it to immigrants somehow.

perhaps Mr M Green = Mr Mohammad Greenfasi?????

STAB

Man of Honour
My colleague was notified of this thread last night..
Friday - recipient receives card through mail box advising missed delivery

Saturday - recipient collects card and contacts royal mail customer service for stance

Wednesday - colleague received phone call...

All fine so far, speaking on behalf of your 'colleague'.

Wednesday - caller 2 - 5 minutes after caller 1 - call started out with threats of coming round to see him with a brother etc - caller eventually calmed down and advised he was calling on behalf of caller 1 and we came to agreement that 30 would be accepted and i agreed that if i could get the other 30 back for him i would.

Oops. You agreed? You would get the money back?

With regards a letter – I am yet to receive this as I’m sure if sent recorded delivery the original poster will be aware of?.

Why would you be receiving it?

Please advise how you would bring it to small claims - what law is it exactley that the recipient has breeched?
The recipient? Not you then? Hmmm. He has sold someone else's property. Morally wrong? Definitely. legally wrong? It is my thought that it is, yes.

Please also detail how easily this could be dismissed and the details of counter claims that could be brought - i.e. libel, not just with the info on this site but also with info in e-mails/phonecalls recieved.
Isn't truth the best defence against a libel case?

p.s. I have done this of my own back as know the recipient very well - he is not aware I have done this - however if he review this post again he will probably be very upset with me!!
Yes. very, very well. In fact, so well you remember days and dates of everything that happened, in the right order and the lot.

Funny, that. As is the fact that first person and third person appear to be interchangeable.

---------------------

Everyone else, stop posting off topic please.

Permabanned
Gilly said:
Funny, that. As is the fact that first person and third person appear to be interchangeable.
You might want to remind Big John that multiple accounts are frowned upon by the Mods. In such event that the persons all happen to use the same internet connection. ;)

Edit: Oops, just seen your edit, Gilly. :o

Soldato
OP
Good news everyone, as some of you may already know I received £60 from Mr Green on Saturday and was taking a bit of time to consider what to do with the cash. I got home on Sunday night to find an e-mail by Explicit (thanks man) and one from paypal stating another £60 had been sent to me by Mr Green :eek: !!

There was a note with the paypal receipt saying the following:

Although our situation is resolved in my eyes, I still see fit to send this 60 pounds as a gesture of goodwill and should ensure you haven't lost out due to your mistake, also you probably need it more than I do - I had intended to do this on pay day however I am now in a financial position to do so due to both of my auctions doing better than expected hence having some 'free' money.

The events that I said happened are actually the truth as strange as it may sound - should I have been a less discerning member of the public i would have just said box was empty, you may remember watchdog doing a whole piece on papal a while back.

With regards the forum - i was made aware of this on 17th by tom_perry_the_fool (appropriate name) however am yet to read it in any detail.

I'm sure from now on you will double check all parcels before sending and please please please start including an invoice with your details and the intended recipients and write the RTS on this ensures the recipient has a way of contacting you, and ensures you double check the details.

I have one request - please don't make the forum aware of this until Wednesday as I have been advised it may be interesting/entertaining,

Regards

Mr M green

It seems he has finally come to his senses, probably after reading Explicits posts on here. I can do nothing but thank all of you for your support throughout the past week and I don't think I would have got much or even anything back without you. I am really surprised at how much this topic has taken off and don't want it to be forgotten as it could be useful in the future if something like this ever occurs again.

As for linking Mr Green to this topic, no it was not me and I don't know what he is on about when he states in one of his e-mails. All I can say is whoever it was must have a very sad life as if Mr Green hadn't come to his senses and this had went all the way to the SCC then him knowing about this thread would have damaged my chances of winning greatly.

Anyway I am pleased it hasn't went that far and I have got back what I wanted in the end and thats what this topic was about originally so happy days :)

Again a big thanks to you all :cool:

Soldato
Hyper said:
Good news everyone, as some of you may already know I received £60 from Mr Green on Saturday and was taking a bit of time to consider what to do with the cash. I got home on Sunday night to find an e-mail by Explicit (thanks man) and one from paypal stating another £60 had been sent to me by Mr Green :eek: !!

It seems he has finally come to his senses, probably after reading Explicits posts on here. I can do nothing but thank all of you for your support throughout the past week and I don't think I would have got much or even anything back without you. I am really surprised at how much this topic has taken off and don't want it to be forgotten as it could be useful in the future if something like this ever occurs again.

Thats fantastic news, so glad you got your money back for the card. Looks like he had absolutely no grounds to stand on and i'm sure had it gone to court he would have been paying a lot more, something he must have realised himself.

Glad its all sorted, congrats to mr explicit for his excellent input and help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom