SETI@home News Vol. 100

Soldato
No problem, i figured a caffeine boost would go down well on your return from the darkside, only condition is you have to do someone else a favour when you can. That way inside of 6 months we'll all have joined the salvation army and be singing cumba ya :D

Soldato
Thanks edgedeomn i am hoping so, i know it takes a while for averages for each machine to kick in but am hoping for a constant 15000 in a week or so. Its beginnning to look like the gtx480's will come in usefull for folding before they do for crunching a bit of searching last night showed they are working on a compatable app and its getting results. As soon as they can be cruncing compatable i'm there :)

Soldato
to honor this 100th SAH haceavment I shall duly announce
I'M BAAAAAAAACK!
started BOINKing at home on all my PCs (1) and at a few other "sites" I've borged!
PREPARE FOR THE INVASION!

Soldato
OP
either VeNT or VeNT666 not sure...
think I'm ranked 115?
what is this about GPU assisted? sounds like CHEATING to me?

Glad to have you back on board sah :). But what is this nonsense about the use of GPUs being cheating? For traditionalists (or old timers :D) then possibly... :p

However, if you've got an nvidia card that's CUDA capable I recommend giving it a go - as long as you have your GPU enabled within your SETI preferences then the necessary files and stuff should be downloaded automagically (although there are optimised apps available at the bottom of this page). Give this a quick read for brief instructions. If you have any further questions, ask away :)

Soldato
Its been a bit intermittant this morning, keep trying, once youve got a cache for a couple of days outages are not a problem for 99 percent of the time.

By the way, welcome back mate, its a good time to be back cos we are going to be kickin butt seti classic style :D

Soldato
either VeNT or VeNT666 not sure...
think I'm ranked 115?
what is this about GPU assisted? sounds like CHEATING to me?

Of course it is cheating, but once you see the increase in credit, then suddenly its not so bad :D
Welcome back, fire up those GPU's and come join the party..

Back
Top Bottom