SETI@home News Vol. 107 (03/06 - 10/06, 2010)

Associate
Ahh.......Summer Hols are pending & car insurance is due next month.

However, I may be able to spring for a couple of things before long.

I think now that the work is flowing again, both rigs should settle into a nice rhythm

:D

Soldato
After the ups and downs of the last few weeks i think we would all like to settle down a bit, fingers crossed mine are behaving themselves and all seems ok .... must resist urge to tinker further.... :D

Soldato
Look what bloody turned up :D

cpartcert1.php

Man of Honour
Not having much luck here. Got the cpu useage sorted, but now the machine just reboots after a few minutes. Just black screens and restarts. Heat looks ok, wall power draw doesn't look any higher than when folding. Grrr

Soldato

[1,000,000 Tiffy]

Well done S'ah and welcome to the Millionaires Club, we get special privilages you know.
I dont know what they are yet but when I do you will be the first to know :p

Not for long. :D

I think there is a typo on the SETI homepage, where it says 'there will be a 3 hour outage' it should say 'expect an outage every 3 hours' :D

As Marine's in the Tiffy mood thought I should put this up too .....

cpartcert1.php

Darn it, Toxic's taken my Team RAC Title off me ................by 78 woo's :(

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OK seems to be working correctly now, dropped all the GPU's back to stock clocks/volts and modified the app_info.xml and changed all the CUDA section in it to read:

<avg_ncpus>0.200000</avg_ncpus>
<max_ncpus>0.200000</max_ncpus>

and

<coproc>
<type>CUDA</type>
<count>0.5</count>
</coproc>

And also found a 64bit version of WinAFC (which was why I couldn't assign the 64 bit CPU client) that lets me keep one CPU core free for GPU use and the other 7 for CPU tasks.

Hasn't rebooted yet and GPU's are showing 60-90% useage across the board. :D

So 7 cores running 64bit optimised app, and 8 GPU Fermi clients on the one box, pulling 930W from the wall :eek:

Probably going to run out of work fast tho. And/or have to run reschedular on a regular basis.

Will give it a few days to settle RAC and see how we go, its not going to be pumping Seti on a permament basis but I and I know a few others were interested to see what she could do.

If its stable like this for 24 hours I'll look at tweaking again.

Last edited:
Associate

Congrats on the seven digit milestone - not sure how you pipped me to the million - by my calculations I should have beaten you there (and I have worked non-stop through all the recent troubles)! I guess some of my credit is stuck in the pending tray, or I was subject to some of the wild credit scoring that was going on.....but I'm still right behind you - so my parp is still in effect!!!!!!:eek:

Soldato
Biffa - if you try to reschedule units from cpu to gpu they will error out unless you add another section to your app info

I can post mine for you, but it won't be today as Im off down the pub to watch the footy :p

Man of Honour
Biffa - if you try to reschedule units from cpu to gpu they will error out unless you add another section to your app info

I can post mine for you, but it won't be today as Im off down the pub to watch the footy :p

Ah I forgot to mention I already did all that :)

Soldato
Congratulations Mr Marine and Berserker a most spiffing set of tiffy's and no mistake.
Forgot i had one too :D

cpartcert1.php

What the heck has happenned today? First day in i dont know how long i leave the darn rigs to their own devices for a friends wedding in Edinburgh and what happens....precisely nothing!!
It appears i have no work....oh lord i am on skid row rac wise for next few days.
If things were not bad enough i had to travel from Edinburgh to Middlesbrough stinking of chocolate cheesecakes and covered in food stains - best wedding i have ever been to mind by the time dessert came round we were all so stuffed we had a food fight instead.....one of the funnioest days of my life :D:D...well untill i got home :mad:
Mr Halz sah, has project Nasa arrived safe and sound? ;)

Man of Honour
Well I tried, got it going stable, but no work going in or out so had a look at MilkyWay but no fermi love there, so weebeastie is back folding.

Back
Top Bottom