SETI@home News Vol. 108 (24/06/2010)

Soldato
OP
Well, I see from the top of page, this site uses php. The tiffy's are just images, which doubtless are just tweaked by a script (which is likely to be a php script, or maybe perl). Sending a mail from php is a 1 line job (it really is that easy - and perl wouldn't be a lot harder providing the correct packages were installed). Who hosts this site? Do you have access to the root of the web server?

I don't know the answer to either of those questions sorry. Not very helpful I know :o

Soldato
Thanks for the news Tross, a tiffy or 2 of mine missing though :p

Regards them shutting down the servers for an extended period each week - Only read whats been said here about it but not to pleased myself but what can you do :(
Thing that worries me is will we actually be able to fill a 10 day cache for sure while its up, if we can then I suppose its not too bad.

I wonder how the stats sites are taking this news ?

For those of you posting on the seti boards (Madmac, Toxic etc...) why dont you use your team sig in your posts there, its free advertising and may even help recruitment.

I didnt know about seti being back online so most of you have a 12 hour lead on me...........but thats all you are getting :p

Soldato
For those of you posting on the seti boards (Madmac, Toxic etc...) why dont you use your team sig in your posts there, its free advertising and may even help recruitment.

I didnt know about seti being back online so most of you have a 12 hour lead on me...........but thats all you are getting :p

I've seen the option to show sig somewhere, bear in mind my iq has yet to reach double digits where is it again Mr Halz sah?

My rac will chug along but nowhere near as high as it could be...till next week muhaahhhhhaaaaa :D

Soldato
I've seen the option to show sig somewhere, bear in mind my iq has yet to reach double digits where is it again Mr Halz sah?

You can put any image in your SETI sig by following the link as indicated via your online account :)

clipboard03n.gif

Soldato

Done :D

Looks like some work is slowly getting through. Ive noticed that using rescheduler to move from cpu to gpu seems to be the quickest way to up your CPU quota as any rescheduled units are still accredited to your cpu quota. Im checking it pretty often, and scheduling everything that isn't a VLAR to my gpu - seems to be working so far..

Back
Top Bottom