SETI@home News Vol. 117 (17/10/10)

Soldato
OP
RIGHT.

I'm sorry for the lack of news over the past few weeks. Truth be told, I lost interest in all things distributed computing for a while but I've seen therapists and they have now fully cured me of this illness.

I've been out of touch with how SETI has been progressing, but a cursory glance at the updates there just now shows me that I haven't missed much particularly. I'll now be keeping a closer eye on things, and once the project is up and running properly again I will be doing news posts and will go back to crunching SETI, although for the time being I'm concentrating on folding.

Soldato
Therapy is all well and good TT but be sure to back it up with lots of medication and follow up appointments i would say it worked for me but apparently i am still a "nut" so will just stick to plodding as i do.
Nice to have you back :)

Man of Honour
Therapy? Pah.. what you need is a good ole fashioned "seeing to" on Spankey..
5103.jpg

Soldato
OP
Oh indeed I do sah! I remember spanky vividly *winces*, and I'm sure some areas of the dunjinns still smell faintly of bananas.

Ah, them were the days alright... nostalgia ain't what it used to be. *sniff*

Man of Honour
Zerk you old crafty you, I see what you're trying to do there.. it won't work you know, we all know you practically LIVE down there these days. :p

Soldato
OP
Just be sure there's no powercuts. Someone will notice the door's unlocked and run away. Luckily we caught TT this time. :)

I was, er... just going outside for a bit to play in the snow. Yes. Not seen snow in ages, don't get it near the dunjinns you see, the heat from the crunchers melts it, and I saw the door was open and unguarded and, and, and I just really wanted to go outside and build me a snowcruncher and snowtiffykat and things.

Last edited:

k3v

k3v

Associate
ah right, ive had a few work units, just the one solitary one left on my machine at the moment. i wish they would hurry up, my computer room is cold when my machine is running seti!

Back
Top Bottom