SETI@Home News Vol. 125 9th - 15th April 2011

Soldato
OP
:D We feel your pain Mr Reaver sah! Given any more thought to the gpu/power consumption possible upgrades thingummybobs ? I know you don't want to increase it anymore but there are 2 for sale in mm and no it's not me :)

Mr Marine is suspiciously quiet today, he's either organising the royal wedding barbecue or he's upto no good :eek::)

Associate
Given any more thought to the gpu/power consumption possible upgrades thingummybobs ?
I must admit i have been mulling it over. The problem i'm having is the nagging feeling that the Q6600 or its motherboard (or worse both) are starting to give up the ghost as i get random shutdowns with no error logs to help narrow down the problem. This is making me think i should upgrade the board and processor first and see how things go on.
If the shutdowns were more regular it would be a no brainer but sometimes it'll go the best part of a month plus other times it'll be 1/2 a week :confused:

Soldato
OP
Oi :p I am working on my motor in this lovely weather :) Shame its not on the road just yet :D couple of weeks to go.

:eek: Working on your motor :) Don't forget to get crackalaking on your pc too, were going to need every credit we can get :)

I must admit i have been mulling it over. The problem i'm having is the nagging feeling that the Q6600 or its motherboard (or worse both) are starting to give up the ghost as i get random shutdowns with no error logs to help narrow down the problem. This is making me think i should upgrade the board and processor first and see how things go on.
If the shutdowns were more regular it would be a no brainer but sometimes it'll go the best part of a month plus other times it'll be 1/2 a week :confused:

Hmmmm thats a toughy could be a million different things or not the obvious (psu even).

:eek::eek::eek: 'Ere on a side note i did not know there were 4 x gpu slot sandybridge motherboards out there, a person from that group who we don't mention in public has the following...... i am well confused now :confused:

Soldato
OP
Strange goings on - a bit of advice without throwing stones in a greenhouse:confused:

Was streaming something through xbox/pc on to the tv, lost connection came into pc room to check it out. Machine was in the process of restarting, no sweat i thought just one of those things.
Once it had fully started up i clicked on the boinc do da to check see how other machine was doing, it was then i noticed in top right of screen after clicking "your account" in boinc that i was logged in as someone else :confused:
First reaction was to click log out and restart machine check and scan with anti virus and the like. Machine restarts ok go to "your account" from boinc and i am logged in as myself hmmm thats better i thought.
Then i realised the language was not in english but the language of a team we are rightly going to stomp in the not to distant future.
Am i just being neurotic or should i be looking for anything else that might be amiss?
Here ya go, or is that konichiwa :D

Associate
Now the really odd thing is the 'Members with credit' section is in english but both 'Active' and 'Total' sections are as above?
On the up side at least its not just you :p

Associate
I've seen that before, or something similar. Its borkeley fooling about , it will come back right soon enough.

Anyway the good news is, I have burned up all my spare Rosetta WUs and completed the stompio of Mr Russell, so I can now finally devote full CPU powah to to SETi :p

Soldato
OP
I say Mr Marine do i detect a change in your sig? you really do want to hold off Mr kolalas advance don't you :)

**Edit** Things still not right note to Mr Reaver sah "I know nothing" :eek:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom