Shadow Of The Tomb Raider

Soldato
Finally reached Paititi, it's a big area for a TR game. Overall, I think I enjoy this more than Rise. It has that secluded feeling from past games and a lot more actual tombs/crypts. Rise was too combat-heavy and the setting was really bland most of the time.

It's not perfect, the plot is weak as usual and it's a bit too linear but I'm having some fun with what's there. Some areas are really pretty and it's nice to simply explore and read about stuff. It's the only game in the trilogy that gets the combat/exploration balance right.

Soldato
100% now only took 37 hours which is low vs over 175 hours on Rise. Overall its a good looking game but clearly could have been so more. No amount of DLC Challenge Tombs (7 are coming 1 per month) will change that. Time to either change direction or developers again. This game type has reached the end of its modern life. Shadow is effectively Uncharted on PC minus most of the QTE set pieces.

Associate
Just got to Patiti last night and looked back over the map areas, most are barely over 25% complete. I'm clearly just flying past everything :/. I do the tombs when I come across them but there's clearly a lot more out there!

Soldato
100% now only took 37 hours which is low vs over 175 hours on Rise. Overall its a good looking game but clearly could have been so more. No amount of DLC Challenge Tombs (7 are coming 1 per month) will change that. Time to either change direction or developers again. This game type has reached the end of its modern life. Shadow is effectively Uncharted on PC minus most of the QTE set pieces.

What did you do for 175h in Rise!? Took me around 22h for maybe 90% completion. Couldn't care less about the rest as the game was rather bland overall. I agree on the DLC tombs, though. What's the point of releasing a tomb per month, especially at those prices, when most people will have been long done with the game by the time the first one lands?

Soldato
What did you do for 175h in Rise!? Took me around 22h for maybe 90% completion. Couldn't care less about the rest as the game was rather bland overall. I agree on the DLC tombs, though. What's the point of releasing a tomb per month, especially at those prices, when most people will have been long done with the game by the time the first one lands?
Co-Op & Endurance Challenges Solo in Rise take a long time to do. The one where you have to last 7 days is a particular challenge solo!

Soldato
Just got to Patiti last night and looked back over the map areas, most are barely over 25% complete. I'm clearly just flying past everything :/. I do the tombs when I come across them but there's clearly a lot more out there!
Percentage completed is deceptive it refers to how many artifacts, challenges, tombs etc etc Map size is not linked to it you just end up revisiting most maps several times with different equipment looking for obscure hidden areas.

Associate
Percentage completed is deceptive it refers to how many artifacts, challenges, tombs etc etc Map size is not linked to it you just end up revisiting most maps several times with different equipment looking for obscure hidden areas.
Fair enough, doing the tombs is all I'm really bothered about to be honest. I shot a llama in the face with an arrow and it ran off. I gave chase but triggered a story cut scene. It's now out there somewhere, with my arrow in it's face, roaming the jungle. It has haunted me since. I just wanted it's pelt for a pretty coat :(

Soldato
Seem it to me, i was turning them off/on, and didn't notice any difference, so bugger knows what they do :p

I just wondered if it was the demonstrated scene in the video perhaps causing the issue of a lack of difference. Seems amazing that such a lack of difference can cost you a good few frames. More of these types of videos should exist as with pc gaming now, there's so many settings to adjust and explore you can actually go from a viewpoint of it runs 'OK' to it runs 'well' all with virtually no perceivable difference in quality outside of looking at back to back screenshots at a very high resolution.

Soldato
I did not realise that New Game + was pretty rubbish as all not only do you not carry your collectibles over, you need to do collect everything again, although you keep your weapons you cannot use them right away. Game is getting a rad tedious now.

Soldato
The writing (so far) in this game is utterly terrible. The worst of the 3 games by far and some of the worst i've ever had to listen to. I think one of the lines early on is something like: "what are you even doing here"......"we were following a riddle and our plane went down". Accepted without question by the character they just met. Painful stuff.

The jungle/exploring/tombs are fantastic though. Really enjoying that part of it all.

Soldato
Now I have passed all my Microsoft exams after 2.5 years of studying im going to treat myself to a new PC game. What's the cheapest place to buy this?

Also, anybody running the game on a Vega 64, what's the performance like?

Back
Top Bottom