Shadow Of The Tomb Raider

V F

V F

Soldato
Ahh, yeah. I found those fights a tad challenging on the controller. They're damn fast even with max thumbstick sensitivity.

I hated trying to track the wolves in Rise as well.

Soldato
Why no dual pistols in recent games except the end of Definitive...
The people who designed the earlier games are long gone its now all made to fit the PC agenda I guess (less shooting, less hunting & more exploration).

V F

V F

Soldato
Using a 360 pad here too, always play these games with one, managing to do the fighting fine, as i did with Rise.

The stick control is a lot different on console. It is slower on Rise and Shadow compared to Definitive. I have them maxed out on Rise and Shadow and still find it too slow. While Definitive is just beyond the halfway point.

Soldato
Getting poor reviews now due to the massive price cut which I can understand in a way some people might be unhappy. I paid £55 for the Croft Edition now its only £42 on Steam :eek: that's 50% drop in 1 month (£83rrp for the full version). Not really fare to have such a massive price cut on consoles as well its up to 50% off even direct from MS or Sony (who usually charge the most). Can only be the game sold poorly & it cost $75-100M so looks like its going to be a financial letdown. I hope the next game is either a remaster of the earlier Crystal Dynamics trilogy or something with more gameplay time.
https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/shadow-of-the-tomb-raider-review-bombed-because-of-34-discount/

Never ever understand that view point. There is always an early adopters tax, its well known and industry standard.
These people who bought were obviously happy to pay full price and just because its dropped in price because it sold poorly doesnt change the fact that at the time they were happy to pay full price.

If they are complaining at the price they paid why pay it in the first place? Just wait until it hits a level that they are happy with then buy in, just wait, it isnt hard.
But alas it seems gamers gotta game at any price and whinging about stuff like entitled little kiddies is also industry standard unfortunately.

Soldato
Never ever understand that view point. There is always an early adopters tax, its well known and industry standard.
These people who bought were obviously happy to pay full price and just because its dropped in price because it sold poorly doesnt change the fact that at the time they were happy to pay full price.

If they are complaining at the price they paid why pay it in the first place? Just wait until it hits a level that they are happy with then buy in, just wait, it isnt hard.
But alas it seems gamers gotta game at any price and whinging about stuff like entitled little kiddies is also industry standard unfortunately.
can see it from both sides,

but the people pre-ordering should have got that 50% off and gave everyone else the the full price sticker. they accidentally just said **** you to their fans.

the original cost of this game was far too expensive

Soldato

I can understand it from both viewpoints but its nothing to do with entitlement either! I paid £55 for the deluxe edition mainly to also get the DLC which post release was announced as trickling out 1 Tomb per month for 7 months (they kept this info a post release secret to get more preorder sales as well). Now they sell it at 42% off so I lost £13. Its not really the money its the dishonest principle.

They dangled the carrot of early access to people who pre-ordered the most expensive version then drop the price a lot within a month. Its commercial blackmail really as they knew hardcore players & fans would bite at the higher price point. The game did not sell well at all. I doubt they are close to getting their self confessed $75-100m budget back & TBH if this is how they treat the very people who supported them then they get exactly what they deserve.

The game is solid but not really close to the same quality of the MS backed ROTTR except for newer & better graphics. There is about half the gameplay content overall & way more non interactive unskippable cut scenes instead of more gameplay. They did a similar thing on ROTTR when on release day they applied the discount to new buyers only so anyone up to that point paid I think 10-15% more & did not get any pre-order bonus except giving Square Enix more money in return for their loyalty & trust :rolleyes: :(

Soldato
just finished it 5/10, doubt ill buy the next one. first game was decent slowly going back to drakes fortune methodology start then just milk the franchise. Medicore at best

on Normal Difficulty

the stupid
  • Last boss Is bugged as hell, it wouldn't let me dodge 90% of the time

• The foot solders get bumped up in difficulty just for the boss fight. 5 arrows to chest, then the head to kill a normal foot solider

• so many plot holes in the game like abby turning out of no where after 2 hour tomb/ fight with many Mercenaries without a wound.

• some times lara dies from 2 hits when you control her but in set pieces she takes a Apache gun to the face??

• as Lara cant walk 2 feet in the jungle without encountering a enemy, but the AI can go across the entire jungle safely
the good:
  • graphics
  • Bow returns
the Bad,
  • Controls are not that good,
  • you get so many weapon options switching in battle can be cumbersome
  • the story holes
  • the tomb sometimes are far to long & dull.

Last edited:
Soldato
I can understand it from both viewpoints but its nothing to do with entitlement either! I paid £55 for the deluxe edition mainly to also get the DLC which post release was announced as trickling out 1 Tomb per month for 7 months (they kept this info a post release secret to get more preorder sales as well). Now they sell it at 42% off so I lost £13. Its not really the money its the dishonest principle.

They dangled the carrot of early access to people who pre-ordered the most expensive version then drop the price a lot within a month. Its commercial blackmail really as they knew hardcore players & fans would bite at the higher price point. The game did not sell well at all. I doubt they are close to getting their self confessed $75-100m budget back & TBH if this is how they treat the very people who supported them then they get exactly what they deserve.

I do understand what you saying but this is just another lesson in a long line of lessons not learned by gamers because gamers quite frankly don't seem to want to learn anything.
With pre-ordering culture off the chart, Day 1 DLC purchasing pretty much a standard and micro-transaction spending through the roof nothing that's happened in this case is surprising to me and I don't blame the publishers or devs despite some of their questionable tactics to recoup the revenue, they only way they get away with crap like this is because gamers accept it to get their game at pretty much any cost.

I'd like to think a bubble is about to burst but it just isn't and things like this will continue on. EA and Activistion are now worth nearly $80bn more than they were a few years ago funded by microtransactions and DLC, GTA-V is the most commercially successful entertainment product in history and is the very epitomy of pay to win and Star Citizen is raking millions a year in where you can spend $27,000 on spaceships for a game that isn't even finished yet and there is nothing to do in.

The solution is simple don't pre-order, don't by the game on Day 1. It isn't going out of stock and it doesn't increase in value after launch so why buy in early?
Just wait its not hard, I bought the previous 2 TR games for less than £20 but as I said before gamers just gotta have their game regardless of cost.

Associate
I wanted the game on release but set 30quid as my price and seen as cdkeys didn't deliver on that price I'm glad steam went down quick.

I can understand why people are angry but it's just life.....happens all the time in everything sold.

Don't like the price then wait.

Caporegime
Mines ****** up.

Chest.jpg

Map.jpg

Already got that chest from when i was there before, but its showing as not collected, as still showing up as White on the map, and im still able to select it for finding/picking up, and its also shows at the top left, 0/1 chests collected. :(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom