Shadow Of The Tomb Raider

Soldato
Does look great. I have no doubt what so ever that I'll enjoy this one every bit as much as the previous 2, despite what the preview/reviews say - I've actually started to completely avoid reviews as they are just one persons opinion at the end of the day yet can influence you and potentially spoil or even deny you a good experience.

Anyway, I watched the new Tomb Raider movie this week (thought it was pretty good) and that put me in the mood for a replay of ROTR - still stunned by how good it looks, it must be the best looking game around still isn't it?

Associate
Does look great. I have no doubt what so ever that I'll enjoy this one every bit as much as the previous 2, despite what the preview/reviews say - I've actually started to completely avoid reviews as they are just one persons opinion at the end of the day yet can influence you and potentially spoil or even deny you a good experience.

Anyway, I watched the new Tomb Raider movie this week (thought it was pretty good) and that put me in the mood for a replay of ROTR - still stunned by how good it looks, it must be the best looking game around still isn't it?

I totally agree, as I've never followed reviews, as you said, it's just someone's opinion, yet we all have different tastes in media.

Loved the last two games, and as you've mentioned, I think it's still one of the best looking games to date. My only gripe is the Tombs being too small, too easy, and too few in ROTR, so I hope this one doesn't follow the trend.

Me and the misses thought the film was great too. :)

Soldato
I watched the new Tomb Raider movie earlier this week which put me in the mood for replaying ROTR. Just as enjoyable and stunning looking as when I played it the first time. I am a little bit miffed at the apparent desexualisation of Lara - pressures from the current political climate have obviously taken their toll as I was playing ROTR today and my son was playing the 2013 Tomb Raider and she has definitely went down at least a cup size! Call me what you want but I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm quite disappointed by that and hope that this trend does not continue in to the next game! :p

Soldato
Xbox 1X will launch with HDR as default. On PC 4K HDR is a mess as locked to Win 10 + Intel Playready 3.0 DRM scheme requirements. Rise Of the Tomb Raider never got HDR on PC despite Nvidia & Nixxes patching that over 2 years ago it went missing somewhere but Xbox 1X got a free HDR patch & looks way better overall.

Soldato
Graphically this game looks very poor compared to Rise Of The Tomb Raider. With only 2 months to go its not looking good that the developer changed from the previous 2 games & the gfx style looks pretty average so far.

Soldato
Facial expressions and AI animations look very robotic.
The entire game shown to date just looks average where are the razzle dazzle graphics they put a lot of time & money & effort into Rise? I fear Shadow is just a cutdown cash grab with new developers why on earth change a winning formula & move away from Crystal Dynamics anyway :eek: PC was also the lead best selling platform on Rise.

Soldato
Cannot believe how poor this game appears. More they show the worse it looks. With 1 month to go the outlook is very disappointing after 2 excellent games this looks mediocre at best. There are several you tube videos doing the rounds of a flood sequence with plenty of QTE's in...it looks worse than the 2013 game :eek: cannot believe Square Enix are so tight to use their own inhouse developers & effectively boot Crystal Dynamics off the game. The water FX looks shockingly bad & also lacks basic animation when Lara is swimming in it with no ripples.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snoIAw7yhk8

Back
Top Bottom