Share Your Best Pizza Dough...

Man of Honour
I just bought one, Ive went from casually browsing to exploding into full pizza psychosis in a week or so lol

Nice work :)

If you've not already, have a read of this thread:

https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=19732.0

Lots of awesome info in there about mods/etc. I've not really done much to mine yet and got okay results (though I've had a fair bit of practice making pizza in the past so I guess that's cheating compared to some :p).

If yours is the same as mine a very basic thermostat mod is extremely easy to do. First, whilst it is unplugged, turn the left knob until you hear a click. Then, pull the knob off the unit, scrape the yellow goop that is in the centre out and then turn it anti-clockwise a little. Put the knob back on and test where you get the click now. You ideally want it so it's just past zero - i.e. the minimum amount of turning. This isn't as good as removing the thermostat entirely but it's so easy I did this before I even made my first pizza on the unit.

Soldato
Nice work :)

If you've not already, have a read of this thread:

https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=19732.0

Lots of awesome info in there about mods/etc. I've not really done much to mine yet and got okay results (though I've had a fair bit of practice making pizza in the past so I guess that's cheating compared to some :p).

If yours is the same as mine a very basic thermostat mod is extremely easy to do. First, whilst it is unplugged, turn the left knob until you hear a click. Then, pull the knob off the unit, scrape the yellow goop that is in the centre out and then turn it anti-clockwise a little. Put the knob back on and test where you get the click now. You ideally want it so it's just past zero - i.e. the minimum amount of turning. This isn't as good as removing the thermostat entirely but it's so easy I did this before I even made my first pizza on the unit.

Thanks m8

Associate
I enjoy making pizza and a friend bought me a copy of the Pizza bible for Christmas. The only problem has been getting a decent base in a normal oven.

On a whim I bought a BakerStone off ebay (unwanted gift) and will be using it tomorrow. For those unfamiliar with this it is essentially a box made of pizza stones that sits on top of a gas bbq and turns it into a gas pizza oven.

I'll report back after using it tonight.

Associate
Well it didn't go as well as I had hoped.

I had 4 pizzas to cook and used a metal peel for the first time to get them into and out of the oven.

The first pizza I had difficulty getting off the peel and into the oven an it ended up an odd shape.

The second pizza went horrifically wrong. I had forgotten that there was a gap at the back of the oven to allow the hot air in. As I was rotating the pizza it slipped down the hole and caught fire!

Pizzas 3 and 4 were very good with a nice crisp base.

Soldato
Well it didn't go as well as I had hoped.

The second pizza went horrifically wrong. I had forgotten that there was a gap at the back of the oven to allow the hot air in. As I was rotating the pizza it slipped down the hole and caught fire!

lol! i just saw that, flame grilled!

I mixed some more dough up last night, looking forward to some pizza on Sunday!

I also tried this gluten free flour, it was a bit crumbly so had to put a dash more water in, will see how it looks in a couple of days

LVolFVW.jpg

Soldato
Cheers, ill take a look. Its not very often i have to make anything gluten free but when i do its good to be able to pull something off thats edible:)

Soldato
Looks great. Is that with the gluten free flour still?

No that was a disaster! ha, i rolled it out and when i went to pick it up, the whole thing just snapped in half! it either needs more hydration or an additional binding ingredient. Im going to try the flour mix from seriouseats next time

Man of Honour
No that was a disaster! ha, i rolled it out and when i went to pick it up, the whole thing just snapped in half! it either needs more hydration or an additional binding ingredient. Im going to try the flour mix from seriouseats next time

I did think your results looked too good for it to be gluten-free flour :p

Associate
I'm used too bakers percentages, but it appears to be 2%~
I normally use 2.7-3.3% so it's quite low.
If using a domestic oven, i would not used 00, but normal bread flour

Soldato
Does anyone have a suggestion for a Dominos style pizza base? im very happy with my italian style results and looking to get a Dominos type based nailed down now

Back
Top Bottom