She Hulk (Marvel TV Series)

Soldato
Can already hear the Drinker's blood vessel bursting in his neck with the start of this trailer with her 'being the the better at everything' version of Hulk.

He wouldn't be wrong though :)

I kind of feel sorry for young girls/women nowadays that these "never wrong, never struggle, instantly amazing at everything" role models are what they have to compare themselves too, someone who is perfect in every way etc, and thats how that trailer makes She-Hulk look, maybe the actual show will be different.

At least boys/men still have so many flawed characters who fail, struggle and needing hard work and determination to eventually succeed to compare themselves too, something to show them it's OK to fail, it's how do deal with that failure that defines who are you are etc.

Soldato
The CGI for the face on the Ruffalo Hulk looks so much better, with more facial detail, lines, creases, pores etc all visible yet in the same shot the She-Hulk CGI face looks very poor, very little "life" on it at all, no pores, creases etc it just looks like a smoothing filter globally applied and that's very odd.

The Corridor Crew did a breakdown and they said the facts it's 100% CGI is great and it looks great for that, but this is a point where I disagree, I think the 100% CGI is well made but the "skin" applied to the facial model just doesn't look anywhere near as "real" as Ruffalo's Hulk face does.

Soldato
Their was an artist for one house the worked on MCU stuff. Basically saying how horrible it was, always taking the lowest bids for contracts, changing several scenes last minute, never having enough time to work on them, and because they are so cheap then the amount of artists could be hired by the studio was about half of what was needed etc.
I think overall in film and TV the CGI of there shows has been very poor looking. You would think Disney and Marvel would make it top priority but they clearly don't.
Also, he mentioned how many of the directors never seem to know how to shoot with CGI in mind for camera angles and motions etc.

Caporegime
Do camera angles and motions even matter now?

It's not like the old Star Wars days when you needed motion-control and locking the camera on to an exact movement.

Bear in mind Disney own Industrial Light and Magic who I think do the majority of their MCU movie output, though I know there tends to be many different companies involved.

Soldato
Do camera angles and motions even matter now?

It's not like the old Star Wars days when you needed motion-control and locking the camera on to an exact movement.

Bear in mind Disney own Industrial Light and Magic who I think do the majority of their MCU movie output, though I know there tends to be many different companies involved.
Its what he mentioned, or she, Im not sure. I think MOST of the work is shipped out to houses in Canada for big tax rightoffs and bursaries etc.
I did have one friend who worked in a studio there and he mentioned they worked on one Marvel film ( early days), and they never bided again to work on another one ever.
Its not the same thing I read, but its not good to work for them.

Soldato
CGi still looks cheap as hell
He wouldn't be wrong though :)

I kind of feel sorry for young girls/women nowadays that these "never wrong, never struggle, instantly amazing at everything" role models are what they have to compare themselves too, someone who is perfect in every way etc, and thats how that trailer makes She-Hulk look, maybe the actual show will be different.

At least boys/men still have so many flawed characters who fail, struggle and needing hard work and determination to eventually succeed to compare themselves too, something to show them it's OK to fail, it's how do deal with that failure that defines who are you are etc.
Failure is part of the heroes journey and why so many modern Hollywood films suck (particularly with a female protagonist which is why you had the rise of the mary sue trope), modern writers fail at understanding this simple concept. The MCU understood this at the start, which is why their films are in part so formulaic, Act 1 Hero revel. Act 2 Hero fails. Act 3 Hero redemption.

Soldato
Yes, give me the same movie over and over again please!

Zzzzzzz

"The Heroes Journey" has been a story-telling device for thousands of years (ancient Greece etc), so you've already seen hundreds (maybe thousands) of movies using it, some were great, some good, some bad, some awful etc. In the end it's just a tool, and it's how well that tool is used which makes all the difference, irrespective of whether "you've seen it all before" or not.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Watched the first episode over breakfast.

I mean...

It wasn't terrible. Certainly not Star Trek: Discovery bad, which is my benchmark for awfulness. But it had issues. Weirdly paced, bunch of padding, inconsistent CGI quality (presumably some stuff got redone before release) and the story only barely hung in there. But, it was a world-building episode and now they've got that out of the way maybe some of those problems will go away.

Back
Top Bottom