She Hulk (Marvel TV Series)

Associate
Did they even use CGI for all of it? It looks like she has just had a green spray paint job in places. It wasn't a bad episode as things go, enjoyed it. I still say that smart hulk ruined the hulk tho.

Caporegime
Watched it.

Really enjoyed it.
-Despite watching the trailers, the way she came to be She-Hulk was still a surprise.
-90% was just a flashback origin story, but it was a good way to include Bruce Banner and Smart Hulk. Again from trailers had no idea we would see him in Human form.

-The CGI is disappointing though. I think the body is always CGI but for the head we are seeing her greened up in close up scenes and CGI head/face in other scenes. It's a bit jarring and impossible not to notice. Really disappointing when she is in the same scene as Smart Hulk as the CGI is night and day. With every film the CGI looks closer to Mark Ruffalo as smart Hulk and even before when he was dumb Hulk, so it's clearly doable. I'm sure they will blame covid as they clearly have the money to do better! Forth wall stuff was quite well done, but I'm still on the fence about that. The ship was pretty cool, maybe it will get followed up later in the series or tie into the movies.
-It may seem a bit "woke" but I loved the reasons she gave for always being angry, as a woman compared to a man!
Looking forward to next week
p.s. There is a mid credits scene at the 32m15s mark, which is quite funny.

rp2000

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Did they even use CGI for all of it? It looks like she has just had a green spray paint job in places. It wasn't a bad episode as things go, enjoyed it. I still say that smart hulk ruined the hulk tho.

One bit I was thinking of was just how terrible she looked when:

she and Bruce/smart Hulk were doing yoga. He looked like an actual character, she looked like a Saturday morning cartoon.

Associate
One bit I was thinking of was just how terrible she looked when:

she and Bruce/smart Hulk were doing yoga. He looked like an actual character, she looked like a Saturday morning cartoon.

Yes, I can only think that they had better assets for Hulk, due to the films and previous CGI work.

Soldato
Just remember bigots :), if you don't like the CGI then, to paraphrase the director Kat Coiro, it's either because you are a misogynist bigot who hates women's bodies -

“I think a lot of the critique comes from feeling like they’re able to tear apart the CGI woman."

or you're just too stupid to understand thats what she should look like -

“I think a lot of the reactions have to do with the fact that she is so different than anything we've seen."

and certainly not because the CGI face/body, specifically the skin itself, looks so unrealistically smooth and filtered that there's no "life" in it, as opposed to seemingly every other MCU CGI face, which generally have visible pores, wrinkles, creases, hairs, blemishes etc all of which are very clearly visible on the Hulks face in the same show, yet not so much on the flawless She-Hulk face even though her human face has them..................hmmm, strange that!

Soldato
Not bad I guess - truncated "origin" story with a couple of funny moments!

Very strange final scene with some random (female of course) super-baddie (Titania? :rolleyes:) happening upon her closing argument for no apparent reason

I'll probably watch the next one but hopes aren't hugely high!

Caporegime
Enjoyed that, but yes very fast paced episode.

I'm sure I read this has 9 episodes in total though? All the other marvel stuff had 6 episodes, other than Wandavision.

Funny joke after the credits as well

Soldato
It left me quite flat.
It started quite early on, they have a crash and she saves Banner and then accidentally gets "infected" by a man. I'm fairly sure the origin used to be she was ill and required some sort of transfusion to save her with the undesirable consequence she became Hulk-ish. Followed by some MeToo men are bad catcalling. We then get that she's a full hulk (or that seems how it's implied) but immediately doesn't have Banner's limitations. We get a ton of Sass at Banner who is not only a genius in multiple scientific fields and has taken part in saving the Earth and Universe. It just seemed disrespectful to the legacy character and gave us an immediately fully formed new character that needs no support. The Hero's Journey works and whilst it can be evolved missing too many of the steps leaves some of these recent characters emotionally unrewarding.
Just hope it gets better.

Soldato
I actually enjoyed it. I have to agree there was a slight diminishment of Banner, but as Shami says, it’s family banter.

I’m not so familiar with her comics, but, has she always basically been a supposed improvement on Hulk in every way (perhaps minus his genius intellect)

Back
Top Bottom