• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Should I buy or hold out

Associate
I ended up with 1000 posts a lot sooner than I expected. Just asking questions about what people said in posts and how I should go about building xx.

There was a 3070 in these special deals for 600 qu8d just yesterday.

Associate
I'm in a similar situation.. I have a pc running without a gpu after my 980ti died.. I must admit I'm struggling to hold off.. I think would rather buy a 3090 and pay way more than I'd like too for a gpu than pay a scalper for a 3070 or 3080...

+1 don't buy from the scalpers, even if you get a new card you don't necessarily get any waranty.

Associate
I'm waiting, and i'm a stubborn git aswell. I'm getting the impression that the market will be somewhat normalised by Christmas... fingers crossed. Then we have have RDNA3 around the corner.. I wonder how many will be holding out for that once they can buy a card, I'll guess not many. I held off buying 2060 super for months thinking i'd be getting a 3000 series with 2070 super/2080 performance for same cost... oh the humanity.

Associate
I'm holding out hopefully pick one up in the next month or two. Luckily I've a Laptop to do me for a while when it comes to games.

Associate
Scalpers are individual greedy so-and-sos, but maybe the bigger danger could be retailers if they're encouraged to inflate prices.
NOT saying that's OClockers - quite the opposite -but just saying that could be a dangerous precedent

Associate
Scalpers are individual greedy so-and-sos, but maybe the bigger danger could be retailers if they're encouraged to inflate prices.
NOT saying that's OClockers - quite the opposite -but just saying that could be a dangerous precedent
To take this away from the retailers, I think the concern heads back up the supply chain to the manufacturers and AIBs (as well). They've seen what a portion of the market are prepared to pay, and while the 20 series got bad press for it, we're now paying way more than was paid for the 20 series cards. The fact that they've held off bringing out mid-to-low range cards where they could potentially get more chips from a wafer and potentially ease supply while also starting to address the "mass" market suggests to me that they'd rather ship these higher margin products for as long as they possibly can. At the moment the 3060 is the closest thing we've got to a mass market card and I doubt we'll see the RTX3050, 6600XT and 6500XT (as stand alone cards) until pretty much the market has normalised. But then I think there may be first mover advantage - once prices have normalised, if there is a delay between the 3050 and the 6500 (or the other way around), Nvidia or AMD could take a fat chunk out of the low end market, where they may not get the margin, but they definitely get the volume. Having said all that, be prepared for the 40x0 / 7x00 cards to be expensive at the top end to the middle and for there to be a long delay before mid-to-budget range cards come through. A LONNNNGGGG delay of consumers paying fat margins.

Associate
Only advice I have at the moment is to keep trying for a 3070 / 3080 FE, they do drop every now and again at MSRP.

Iv now seen 6700XT retailing at more than what I spent on a XFX 6800XT Merc :(

Where do these drop?
Nvidia site?

I would love to catch 3070, but dont know how:(

Back
Top Bottom