• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Should I buy or hold out

Associate
Can we order 3070Ti FE from nvidia site directly? Or will it be available through retailers?

At the magic millisecond when they have stock they provide a link off to another site I cannot mention. But seriously based on last Thursday don't waste your time. Get out enjoy the sun life is too short to chase zero stock!

Associate
At the magic millisecond when they have stock they provide a link off to another site I cannot mention. But seriously based on last Thursday don't waste your time. Get out enjoy the sun life is too short to chase zero stock!

Its too hot now! :)
I want to play games, need good GPU :)

OK, I'll try to hunt for one, we'll see...

Associate
Honestly I would wait. As lockdown is easing and summers here people are getting less and less comfortable with paying stupid fees for cards. If you look on eBay, that place is just filling up with hundreds and hundreds of 3080s. If that keeps it those prices will come down, I reckon you’d be better off just holding off for a month or so and check again

Associate
Honestly I would wait. As lockdown is easing and summers here people are getting less and less comfortable with paying stupid fees for cards. If you look on eBay, that place is just filling up with hundreds and hundreds of 3080s. If that keeps it those prices will come down, I reckon you’d be better off just holding off for a month or so and check again

3080 would be good as well, I guess my psu could handle it.

Soldato
The notion of spending £600 on a 3060 when it's only just a mid-tier card is pretty ridiculous.

I think the whole gaming scene for PC will suffer as a result.

If you put the gpu power in the hands of consumers at a reasonable price, i.e. beneath the cost of the latest console, then that's going to move forward graphics on games and give the developers a reason to push the bar higher resulting in higher sales, in turn leading to more GPU sales. So it's a triple win situation for the consumers, hardware manufacturers and software developers.

The situation as it stands now is just leading to stagnation, something I feel has plagued the gaming industry for sometime. It used to be around the end of the 00s, early 10s the envelope was being pushed in terms of game design and graphical fidelity, now like movies they are happy to rest on their laurels and recycle ideas and just chase profits.

Associate
Considering this:

OP's question is not much different from the question "If the UK built 1 million homes, what would happen to house prices?" https://alastairparvin.medium.com/i...hat-would-happen-to-house-prices-de1fbffa9235.

There are many factors related to the GPU shortage: https://www.pcmag.com/news/inside-the-gpu-shortage-why-you-still-cant-buy-a-graphics-card.

I think that as long as there are people who can afford and are willing to pay higher prices than MSRP (thinking of anxious gamers and miners),
there is reward for people who actually don't need the GPUs to buy them as an investment to then resell/scalp, driving GPUs out of stock.
The manufacturers won't try to outpace the scalpers to not worsen the flood of lower priced cards that will eventually happen to the market (when the another crypto crash happens and the scalpers panic about lack of buyers),
negatively impacting the manufacturer's revenue and growth.
As long as the product sells, the manufacturers have little to no interest in lowering the final price,
they would rather take advantage of the situation and raise MSRP for new launches, increasing profit. Business as usual.

Long story made short, when people stop buying GPUs for high prices, the prices will go down. Case closed.

PS: my first post here (had my first attempt to join this forum rejected in 2014 because of "membership requirements"). Now working my way into the millionth post so I can get a voucher by 2073 :D.

Hold.

Caporegime
Of course they will. My guess is end of this year around November. (Assuming there isnt a breakout with this new variant of the virus)
I'm thinking now that 2021 is too optimistic. Bitcoin freefalls are immediately followed by rallies, which see the price shoot back up to $30k or so.

It's ridiculously volatile, but showing no signs of collapsing right now. You see it hit $20k and start crossing your fingers, then next think you know it's $27k two days later. Madness.

Associate
Alerts do work but you have to be on top of them, I have gotten 3 cards for me and 2 friends with them between Jan and March this year
Which alert system do you use??

Can we order 3070Ti FE from nvidia site directly? Or will it be available through retailers?
Doubt you’ll get any luck on nvidia. Goes in an instant

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
Of course they will. My guess is end of this year around November. (Assuming there isnt a breakout with this new variant of the virus)

large chunks for china in lockdown again last week

so dont count any chickens just yet

Back
Top Bottom