*** Show Off Your Apple Hardware ***

6994223502_3c64a72119_b.jpg

Expensive month :p

Just got rid of my Macbook Air :( as new job won't see me being as mobile and i've been using my hackintosh a lot more as of late, so I treated myself and got a 27" Monitor that just so happens to have the same LG panel found in iMacs and the Thunderbolt display :)

attachment.php

Few more shots can be found here

Mac mini as my NAS/media server. An expensive route to go, but at least it guarantees full compatibility with my Macs (something that Windows Home Server simply couldn't do) and paid a good price for it.

You could have gone the hackintosh route like me :)

attachment.php

The little unit by the printer is running Snow Leopard with 7TB of space and runs Plex, iTunes, SabNZBd and Sickbeard. It streams throughout the house to a couple of ATVs and my iPad :) best steaming solution i've ever had.

Last edited:
Nice monitor, but forum rules we are not allowed to talk about running osx on non apple hardware.

Nothing wrong with mentioning it, we just cannot discuss the nitty gritty of it.

Would have gone the Hackintosh route but I'm really not interested in the hassle (even if it isn't much, I'd rather have none at all). Also, space issues...could have gone with a bigger system but it would barely have fit.

I did have a long, good look into the option though.

Also, space issues...could have gone with a bigger system but it would barely have fit.

It's the little white box to the left, not the desktop, it's tiny just the size of 5xhotswap bays :) and very low power usage. But I do understand about the hassle, thankfully i've had zero trouble with it as the hardware is perfect just can't move from SL as its Atom based.

If a cheap Thunderbolt external bay comes out I will likely go for a Mini, but in the mean time its doing its job.

It's the little white box to the left, not the desktop, it's tiny just the size of 5xhotswap bays :) and very low power usage. But I do understand about the hassle, thankfully i've had zero trouble with it as the hardware is perfect just can't move from SL as its Atom based.

If a cheap Thunderbolt external bay comes out I will likely go for a Mini, but in the mean time its doing its job.

Ah, that's neat, unfortunately an Atom wouldn't have had enough oomph for me in the long run, no matter the OS.

Likewise mate, installed lion on my late 2009 iMac and late 2010 MBP only to find out that the iMac is a model that doesn't support AirDrop.
Use 27's at Uni and although it's only 3 bigger than my 24 the difference seems vastly more that that.

You sure? My early 2009 C2D iMac supports Air Drop just fine.

It's the late 2008 and earlier iMac's that don't support it I believe (I suspect you have a pre 2009 model if you have a 24" display).

Just for reference:

• MacBook Pro (Late 2008 or newer)
  • MacBook Air (Late 2010 or newer)
  • MacBook (Late 2008 or newer)
  • iMac (Early 2009 or newer)
  • Mac mini (Mid 2010 or newer)
  • Mac Pro (Early 2009 with AirPort Extreme card, or Mid 2010)

There is a simple hack available to activate AirDrop on older Macs too:

Code:
defaults write com.apple.NetworkBrowser BrowseAllInterfaces 1

Followed by:
Code:
killall Finder

I have no idea how well this works with older unsupported machines though, as all my machines are 2011.

Just got rid of my Macbook Air :( as new job won't see me being as mobile and i've been using my hackintosh a lot more as of late, so I treated myself and got a 27" Monitor that just so happens to have the same LG panel found in iMacs and the Thunderbolt display :)

Hey Phunky which monitor is that you have? As we aren't talking about Hackintosh I assume it's ok =] I love the TB display I have at work and would defo want one for my home set up!

Cheers,

D

Are you referring to cloth or cleaning sprays etc..? Any foam cleaner with anti static additives is a safe bet, then some kind of microfibre cloth to rub it down with. One side for the cleaning and then a dry side to remove smearing.

I have joined the world of MAC

Today was the day i got myself a MAC:D:D
1ce4bb79.jpg
01987816.jpg
ac4f5697.jpg
5a803c9a.jpg
58f6abba.jpg
1b9a5c8c.jpg

Macbook Air 13"
128 gb version

not a planned purchase, been looking at air or pro online and dreaming. Went into the local apple store whilst shopping and had a look at 11 inch air and 13 pro. wife said the 13 air is only 150 more and she preferred the air over the pro and go on buy it :eek:!! result !!

now to get playing .....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom