*** Show Off Your Apple Hardware ***

do you fancy swapping wifes next time i go shopping for a new mac ??? what its a serious question ........... don't look at me like that lol

if its your money then yeah !
the card reader was the thing that swung it for the 13 as i hate ****ing around with cables and add on card readers , if the 11 inch had the card reader i probably would have bought it . Why does the 11 not have a card reader does anyone know ????? just to make people pay for a 13 ??

my gaming pc upgrade which i was thinking of doing in a couple of months has now been postponed indefinitely .......it would only have been half of what i paid for the air lols:D

Last edited:
75% of the interior of the 11" Air is battery, plus Apple would have to make the chassis thicker to accommodate it or drop another USB port. The SD reader only just fits into the 13" MBA chassis. Not exactly a massive hardship to plug in an adaptor to the USB port.

Thank you mrbell1984 it is very nice.
Thank you Magicboy for the info ....i will not be opening and tinkering with it like i do with my windows laptops :) so thats good to know.
True, its not a hardship, but my old laptop had one as did my netbook and it was very helpful at times as i didn't have to carry one about all the time .

Here's mine:

DSC02108.jpg

DSC02109.jpg

When at my desk I run my 13" MBP through my Dell 2007WFP monitor. I need to get myself one of those large mousemats, as I think it would finish it off.

I also have the HP microserver as a file server running MS Home Server 2011.

I'd love an amp and speakers, but not sure if I have room for them :(

Plenty of room there sir! Even if you don't want anything meaty, you could get a decent set of stereo speakers in there that would sit on the desk for sure! What makes you think there is no room?

Forget the amp, get a decent DAC w/balanced outputs and a pair of nearfield active speakers. Judging from the size of your desk you could go from the 5-8" woofer sizes with space behind the speakers and a nice equilateral triangle between you and them (get them on stands and isolated from the desk). Budget depending, there's a lot to choose from.

No stunning triple displays from me I'm afraid and nothing even that new but heres my latest bit of Apple kit.

Mac Mini 1.66 Core Duo. Used in games room thats also a 2nd bedroom/ guest room.

P1010753.jpg

P1010755.jpg

Still need to fit the skirting board and paint the door and frame black

P1010757.jpg

P1010758.jpg

Mac Mini is for sale on the classifieds here if anyones missed it as I want a new one.

Cheers
Mark

Back
Top Bottom