Show Off Your Dish (Picture Thread) (Rules added)

Got home from work tonight and couldn't be bothered to cook proper food so took out some swedish meatballs from ikea and chips onto Philips airfryer and here we go all done within 15min.
Nice smoke effects lolz
Dp36Hl.jpg

recipe/prep for that dough?

looks good!

Oh, i just saw this. The dough is just the regular dough recipe:
400g White flour
1 packet of yeast ( i think it is like 7g or something)
Salt
Soup spoon of olive oil
About 200g of warm water (It is important the water to be warm)

To be honest i never really measure the water. I just keep adding until i looks right. No problem if i drop a bit more and the dough gets a little too sticky - just add more flour. Then mix it for like 10 minutes, separate into two balls and roll each one really thin. Then lay it on the tray and roll the excess bits in. Wrap the hole thing in cling film and let it rest for ~15min somewhere warm(ish). This will activate the yeast.
That's it really, then just add whatever on and in the oven (200C) for about 10 min.

Kavarma Kebap looks interesting. Mind posting your recipe? :)

Sure, tho i'm not very good with the measurements as i rarely use them myself. :)
For four people:

500g Stir fry pork (i use this but you can get any lean pork and slice it into thin strips - about 1/2 inch think and 2"-3" long)
500g mushrooms
2 leeks
1 medium onion
1 soup spoon full with tomato paste (when i say full i mean with a pretty big dome)
1 flat tea spoon Dijon mustard (can go more or less depending on your taste)
150ml white wine (dry)
Sunflower oil
water
1-2 pork stock cube
salt
pepper
parsley
savory - This is probably the most important spice and part of the meal. Not easy to find in UK. Try any Bulgarian, Turkish or maybe Polish shops. It is called Chubritsa (Чубрица) in Bulgarian, cząber in Polish and, i think, lezzetli or kokulu in Turkish.

So first dice the pork (the leaner the better) or if you have the stir fry just use it as it is out of the package.
Dice the leeks, mushrooms (don't make the mushrooms to small as they will shrink anyway) and onions so everything is ready to go.

Then heat up a pan with some of the sunflower oil and seal the pork. It will release some of it's juices which is fine. Once it's all white take it all out and leave it in a bowl on the side.

Put some more oil to heat up and fry/steam off the onions and the leeks.
To do this, first have them in for about a minute when you stir it so the heat gets everywhere, then add just a little water and put a lid on it so they get soft. After 6-7 min add the soup spoon of tomato paste to give it a little fry too stirring constantly. This should take about a minute or so. Add the mushrooms, stir and put the lid back on. Stir periodically until the mushrooms look cooked.

Now add the wine some water (not too much so it does not start looking like a soup)and let it all come to boil. Add a 2-3 pinches of parsley (i use dried to cook and fresh to decorate), 2-3 pinches or savory, salt (don't add too much salt as the stock cubes are still to come) and black pepper to taste. Add the meat with it's juices to the pan/pot. Let it boil with the lid on and once it comes to boil add the mustard and the stock cube(s).
Cook for about 30 minutes on medium low heat, stirring occasionally so it does not burn on the bottom, adding more water if needed.

If you have time you can have it cook a little longer and then the meat gets really tender. I usually do about 45 if i have the time.

If you have incidentally added too much water, or find it too runny you can either take the lid off for a bit, until you get the thickness you like or you could add some flour to thicken it up.

Serve with rice or mash.
Enjoy ;)

Oh yes, you can substitute the pork with chicken or beef but the beef version will take longer to cook to get the tenderness.

Last edited:
Cod with lemon and chili. New Potatoes. Rocket.

fkGd7.jpg

edit: My frozen cod fillet shrunk loads in the oven. I should've done two.
Also, I dressed the rocket with the 'juice' from fish in the oven.

Not had any time to cook lately, but I decided to knock up another batch of Millionaire's Shortbread so I can survive Monday :D

img0703ok.jpg

Back
Top Bottom