Show Off Your Dish (Picture Thread) (Rules added)

Soldato
DSC_0310.jpg

Garlicky prawn spaghetti, fresh spaghetti with a sauce made of:

4 crushed garlic cloves, a red pepper finely diced, cook for about a minute till the garlic starts to colour slightly, add 2tbsp tomato purée and 125ml white wine, leave it to simmer for about 8-10 mins, throw 400g raw king prawns in, once they're cooked stir in 150ml double cream, season, put the spaghetti in and mix around with some fresh FL parsley thrown in too - job's a good'un!

Tastes great, enjoy it every time we have it and it only takes about 15 minutes to make from start to finish.

Associate
Garlicky prawn spaghetti, fresh spaghetti with a sauce made of:

4 crushed garlic cloves, a red pepper finely diced, cook for about a minute till the garlic starts to colour slightly, add 2tbsp tomato purée and 125ml white wine, leave it to simmer for about 8-10 mins, throw 400g raw king prawns in, once they're cooked stir in 150ml double cream, season, put the spaghetti in and mix around with some fresh FL parsley thrown in too - job's a good'un!

Tastes great, enjoy it every time we have it and it only takes about 15 minutes to make from start to finish.

I am cooking this at some point this week. That looks so delicious

Associate
Nandos hot marinated chicken breast, with salad (rocket, spinach, water cress, chive, lettuce, olives.)

First time using nandos marinate and it tastes a lot better then I thought it would. :)

baRQh.jpg

Associate
Associate
Thanks guys :)

I assume that is "hot" smoking? I sadly don't have the room to do that, but as mentioned above, looks fab pal :)

I too love mackerel. I think my fave way to do it is probably the simplest.

Buy fresh mackerel from local fishmongers.
Fillet.
Light salt / pepper.
Onto hot BBQ skin side down. Few mins. Flip for 1 min.
Serve with a little salad (fennel goes brilliantly with it). Oil.

There are some ingredients which just cry out to be served simply IMO. Fresh bread, mozzarella, tomatoes, decent prawns etc etc..

Associate
I assume that is "hot" smoking? I sadly don't have the room to do that, but as mentioned above, looks fab pal :)

I too love mackerel. I think my fave way to do it is probably the simplest.

Buy fresh mackerel from local fishmongers.
Fillet.
Light salt / pepper.
Onto hot BBQ skin side down. Few mins. Flip for 1 min.
Serve with a little salad (fennel goes brilliantly with it). Oil.

There are some ingredients which just cry out to be served simply IMO. Fresh bread, mozzarella, tomatoes, decent prawns etc etc..

It is indeed hot smoking - cold smoking requires some sort of room with a fire seperate where the smoke is filtered in - it also takes much much longer. To be honest, I can't imagine results better than what we did in our good ol' oil drum.

Soldato
Those look absolutely stunning, Mister Chicken.

Is it safe to assume that as you went through the laborious process of making your own ricotta, everything else was made from scratch too?

Soldato
Well, when I say laborious, I mean more complicated than popping down the shops for a tub - which rules it out for most people!

Still, credit where credit is due, it's certainly something I've not thought of before and something probably ought to have a crack at one of these days.

Does it keep well?

Associate
Depends on how much you let it drip. If you give it a little longer and dry it out a little more it keeps for a week or so in a decent container. Just be aware it picks up odours of just about anything :p

It's certainly better to use it fresh IMO.

Back
Top Bottom