Show Off Your Dish (Picture Thread) (Rules added)

Home made burgers and chips
4qk8ox.jpg

I prefer mine with sloppy scrambled eggs but, yes, a magnificent breakfast.

Agree, I also prefer epic scrambled with it, but oh so great.

And a money saving tip! Most large supermarkets (and fishmongers if you know them well enough!) have packs of smoked salmon offcuts. These are perfectly good, just little slithers. But as I make this brekkie with scrambled its perfect as you just mix them in the eggs.

The packs are often <£1 and easily serve 2!

And a money saving tip! Most large supermarkets (and fishmongers if you know them well enough!) have packs of smoked salmon offcuts. These are perfectly good, just little slithers. But as I make this brekkie with scrambled its perfect as you just mix them in the eggs.

The packs are often <£1 and easily serve 2!

I do this regularly. Costs about a quid in Sainsburys and plenty for two / three people.

@HeadlessChicken,

I tried the bread recipe last night, it was great mate, thanks for that! its even still soft enough to eat right now, usually they go rock hard over night but this is just fantastic, could have cut the load in half and made one massive bacon sandwich, reckon i could have eaten it all! had to hold my self back! lol

Last Sunday's dinner for Mother's Day...

Starter
Braised belly pork and seared scallops with orange star anise sauce.
starteru.jpg

Main Course
Organic top side roast beef.
mainyd.jpg

Dessert
Crème brûlée.
dessertd.jpg

Looks nice DcD! Although lettuce with the belly and scallops is not on! :P A cauliflower puree or something would have been perfect.

Also beef not rare enough ;) Haha

Was fly fishing the day before and didn't have time to get all my stuff - if I were to make the starter again I'd do a micro salad.

The beef was for my mum on Mother's Day, she doesn't like rare meat. I however love it, but can't really force her to eat it on Mother's Day, huh? :P

^^^^I think the secret of making a good kofta kebab is in the sauce.
Here's my recipe for both - Kofta Kebabs and sauce:

for the Kebabs:

500g Lamb mince (i personally prefer it to be coarser)
1 Large onion - fine diced
1 bunch fresh mint
1/2 bunch fresh parsley
pinch paprika
pinch chili flakes
salt to taste
pinch cumin (need to powder this in P&M)
1/2 egg white
hand full bread crumbs
some oil if your mince is too lean

Separate the leaves from the mint stems and finely chop them along with all the parsley.
Mix the meat, spices, bread crumbs and egg white until everything looks evenly distributed, cover with cling film and leave in the fridge for 1-2 hours before putting the mix on skewers and onto the bbq.

They take about 3-4 min to get ready so keep your eye on them.

For the sauce:

500 ml yogurt
soup spoon full of mayonnaise
salt to taste
pinch black pepper
pinch mahlep
pinch cinnamon
1/4 lemon of the juice of 1/2 pomegranate
3-4 garlic cloves

Drain the yogurt from it's excess water. Best way to do it is stuff it into stocking and tie it over the kitchen sink for 3-4 hours. More if you have the time.
Crush the garlic and make it into paste in the p&m.

Mix the yogurt with the spices, garlic, mayo and the lemon (pomegranate) juice until it is smooth, cover with cling film and let it rest for an hour in the fridge.

I stuff the wrap with lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes and chips but you can also use cabbage, onions, or whatever you prefer.

Just make sure you are generous on the sauce :D

That's it. Bon Appetit!

Back
Top Bottom