Show Off Your Dish (Picture Thread) (Rules added)

Caporegime
I think Johnny Foreigner has a point when he thinks we're strange for eating chips with everything.

That could well be a guilty pleasure for you, but I think for most people that would be considered a strange combination!

It is strange, my dad has a chinese and people order their meal. i.e. a dish like chicken satay with rice AND chips....how much carbs do you need? Or they get chow mein AND chips. Seriously, especially with big orders too, from a group of people, they get all sorts, like 5 dishes of different flavours and meat, some curry, some chow mein, a few portions of rice...then 6 bags of chips please.

No wonder everyone is getting fat lol

Associate
I've seen some strange plates of food in my time, but that's a new one on me.

Stir-fry and chips?!

Going on the colour, shape and general consistency of the cheese in those photos, I think you can safely assume it's some sort of processed cheese square product.

I've got to wonder with some of these pictures, is it huge portions or small plates? Probably a combination of both :D

From the picture I'd say something like dairylea slices, I could be very wrong though.

I thought it might have been some form of American cheese like Monteray Jack etc. I'll take a look at dairylea slices. Thanks guys. :)

Soldato
A couple of salads, first up:-

Chicken and Egg Salad
Salad base is cucumber, cherry tomatoes, orange pepper, with rocket and lambs lettuce, tossed together with a very small bit of mint sauce. Then slices of chicken (pan fried in olive oil) and egg layered, topped with some black pepper.

AB_Salads001.jpg

And the wife did:-

Pear and Beetroot Salad
Salad base of rocket and lambs lettuce (dressed with olive oil and balsamic vinegar). Cooked beetroot, pears (pan fried in olive oil), topped with crumbled Danish blue cheese and croutons (which were cooked in a blue cheese and olive oil coating).

AB_Salads002.jpg

AB_Salads003.jpg

Associate
I think Johnny Foreigner has a point when he thinks we're strange for eating chips with everything.

That could well be a guilty pleasure for you, but I think for most people that would be considered a strange combination!

I usually have crispy chilli beef with chips as well unless I have a curry in which case it's korma and chips. Generally because I find rice flavourless and extremely boring.

Last edited:
Soldato
Had a bbq today (no pics) which means i spent half my food money this week on extra meat and beer :D
So settled for cheap icecream and a pie instead of the usual ben and jerrys. £1 for 2l of mint choc ice cream and £1 for a rhubarb pie, went better than expected

img881.jpg

Soldato
Almost too embarrassed to put these up but they'll do for now.... I shall have access to a camera and a better lit kitchen very soon. :)

Left-over Greek style lamb from yesterday:
Lamb.jpg

Rib-eye steak with roast veg and fried shrooms with onions
Steak.jpg

Lunch today:
Salad.jpg

Looks a lot worse than it tasted. Chilli and garlic coated Makerel with Boursin cheese and black olive salad. Mmm!

Man of Honour
I wanted ox cheek but Waitrose has sold out so got some feather steak instead

Feather steak & Guinness stew served with parsnip & carrot mash and purple sprouting broccoli.

img0016ik.jpg

img0017vns.jpg

img0018cc.jpg

img0020wk.jpg

Last edited:
Permabanned
What cheese are you using on those burgers Cupra. I can never quite decide what cheese to use on mine. :D

Just a un coloured chedder cheese bud

That looks awesome!

thanks a lot

I've seen some strange plates of food in my time, but that's a new one on me.

Stir-fry and chips?!

Raymond is correct here

I think it's an English thing to have chips with pretty much everything.

Going on the colour, shape and general consistency of the cheese in those photos, I think you can safely assume it's some sort of processed cheese square product.

Its iom creameries mature chedder bud, looks like slices in the pics tho?

You like chips then Cupra:p Home made chips are awesome...nom nom.

Chips are just great, and when having a big meal you may aswell have them anyway

anyway here is some duck

Pan fried Gresham duck, soo easy to do, score the skin, red hot pan smoking with oil, 2 mins each side, in the oven for 8 mins @ 180
on stir fried vegtables with a lemon and honey sugar reduction
duck.jpg

Soldato
Was browsing this thread whilst eating my breakfast, so thought I'd add it. Beware, you'll probably get jealous of my photography skills.

jkbyf7.jpg

She's not much of a looker, but damn does she know what she's doing. ;)

Associate
Was browsing this thread whilst eating my breakfast, so thought I'd add it. Beware, you'll probably get jealous of my photography skills.

She's not much of a looker, but damn does she know what she's doing. ;)

That's it, I'm off to the butchers in a few hours to get some sausages, bacon, eggs and other stuff.

Back
Top Bottom