Show Off Your Dish (Picture Thread) (Rules added)

Soldato
Yum yum, got a recipe Disco_Boy?

I used this recipe:
http://www.citrusandcandy.com/2009/07/croquembouche.html

If I were to do it again (let's face it I probably will, it got demolished in less than 20 minutes) I would make a couple of changes:
make more (double or a little less than) crème patissiere because we had loads of buns left over
not even bother attempting her caramel recipe, it was terrible and got thrown away. In the end we just melted sugar on its own (sadly this meant that it wasn't very easy to spin). Sugar work is high on my list of things to learn for the future.

Remember that things need to cool, we did the pastry the night before and did the crème patissiere a couple of hours before assembly.

It did take quite a lot of time overall, but was well worth it :D

Man of Honour
Saw that as well, find a clip of the kitchen secrets one it looked amazing and much better than Rouxs had a base and everything.

Soldato
Today's dessert (made by mu mum, not me) was mixed fruit baked Alaska. It followed a nice Thai red curry. Pictures were a bit of an afterthought so there are only some of dessert:

489cropresize.jpg

491cropresize.jpg

It was too big for three of us so the remainder has gone to the neighbours!

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
First attempt at home cured ham:

IMG_6838.JPG

It's not pink because I didn't use any saltpetre, but it smells like ham, tastes like ham and texture like ham. Will post more when I've perfected it :)

Got some last minute bread rising for ham and mustard sarnies tomorrow.

Soldato
First attempt at home cured ham:

http://www.jonny69.co.uk/uploads/cooking/ham/IMG_6838.JPG

It's not pink because I didn't use any saltpetre, but it smells like ham, tastes like ham and texture like ham. Will post more when I've perfected it :)

Got some last minute bread rising for ham and mustard sarnies tomorrow.

How long do we have to wait before we get a recipe? This is something I'd fancy having a go at myself.

Blueberry Cookie Monster Muffin :D I'll get a better pic later though.

http://i.imgur.com/gIWzO.png

Cute :D where are these other photos?

Also, am I alone in finding (green) pesto revolting? I like the component parts, but pesto just makes me feel sick.

Associate
I'll leave these in here and one day I will eventually update my thread (using the proper names for the dishes of course).

Chicken pesto thingamabob
2011-03-19214754.jpg

Some pudding thingy
2011-03-12222756.jpg

Crispy Chinese beef stuff with some stir fry bits and pieces
2011-04-09000951.jpg

So many more to put up but I just don't have time. Must revise!

Soldato
If there's one thing I've learned from this thread is that most people seem to find it normal to eat a plate completely filled from edge to edge and piled high with food, as a normal meal. No wonder the worlds getting fatter.
Looking at how much food you're all eating is putting me off mine!

Back
Top Bottom