Show Off Your Dish (Picture Thread) (Rules added)

Soldato
Dinner last night was a lovely bit of rump from the butchers

ea3e0708124011e280ba22000a1e9f85_7.jpg

Money shot...
c4a1c90c124111e29cc822000a1f96e3_7.jpg

It was tasty

Soldato
Yeah stan that doesn't look cooked too fast for me. Looks beautiful, love the mushroom risotto/steak combo too. Sounds as delicious as it looks.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Droool, I hate it when you post Stan, you always cook my type of food.

Obviously a man with impeccably good taste :p

Yeah stan that doesn't look cooked too fast for me. Looks beautiful, love the mushroom risotto/steak combo too. Sounds as delicious as it looks.

It's not easy to see from the photo but the outside was slightly overcooked. Not enough to completely spoil the dish but enough to be noticeable. The steak/risotto combo was delicious. Normally, I would use a vegetable stock for making a mushroom risotto but, since it was being paired with steak, I used beef stock on this occasion - really helped marry the flavours.

Agreed. Top notch food!

Don
Did some cooking tonight unfortunately the pic of the main didn't work, main was pork and prawn meatballs in an asian broth

this was starter, sirloin steak salad, dressing was very nice, fish sauce, lime juice, chilli, garlic and sugar

155194_536007529746372_405031664_n.jpg

Don
Pavé rump steak on a bed of mushroom risotto with some broccoli for show:

Had the pan for the steak a bit too hot so outside cooked too fast but, apart from that, very tasty indeed :)

nope, you need the pan mental hot, that look perfect, well apart from the gay greenery ;)

Soldato
It is pretty easy to make as well. The salad is quite amazing!

I peel the cucumber with a potato peeler so you get nice thin strips which take the dressing on much better than if you just chop it.

Associate
I dont have a digital slr so cannot make the DOP 2mm and cba to mess around on photoshop :p

Anyway, my effort of KFC style Chicken Wings.

I wimped out with the cooking time fearing food poisoning hence the slight overcooked look (ahem)... They did taste good though - certainly better than your Tesco/Morrisons equivalent.

edit - butcher wings into 3 parts throwing away the tip bit.
- mix plain flour with garlic salt, dried herbs (mixed, oregano sage), chili flakes, paprika, onion powder, cayanne pepper, white pepper.
- dip wing bits in egg/milk then into dry mix
- repeat
- slowly drop into wok with mucho veg oil to deep dry for ~ 10 mins

Last edited:
Man of Honour
That looks darn tasty indeed, I really want to try the fried chicken that you dip in condensed milk.

In fact I have some breaded chicken bits in the freezer, I think I'll stick them in the oven.

Back
Top Bottom