Show Off Your Dish (Picture Thread) (Rules added)

Soldato
I would actually. Those 3 dishes turned out great even though we ran out of light soy (they all look the same colour because we used dark soy instead :p) and they were really easy to follow. The only other recipe we've tried so far was his easy beef and black bean which would have been great had we not got to adding the black beans and finding out the ones we bought were raw and not fermented. Oops :p

After that^ success we will definitely be trying more of the recipes. They all look pretty doable :)

Soldato
Last night's dinner!

Muscles with garlic and cream sauce and grand rustic loaf. Nothing special, all from Waitrose, but mega tasty.

FiHsB.jpg

Then something a bit more home made! Pan fried sea bass with garlic and dill potatoes, baked salted tomatos, asparagus and a home made butter, garlic and lemon sauce.

1QozK.jpg

Was very pleased, especially with the sauce.

Pudding was a self made lemon posset although forgot to get a photo, not that there's much to be seen of a lemon posset!

Soldato
I would actually. Those 3 dishes turned out great even though we ran out of light soy (they all look the same colour because we used dark soy instead :p) and they were really easy to follow. The only other recipe we've tried so far was his easy beef and black bean which would have been great had we not got to adding the black beans and finding out the ones we bought were raw and not fermented. Oops :p

After that^ success we will definitely be trying more of the recipes. They all look pretty doable :)

Missus found the salad recipe online earlier (published in the DM).

Just had it with a beef stir-fry. No pictures unfortunately, but the salad is very easy and very tasty. Definitely going to be making it again.

Going to order the book as well.

Associate
Looking forward to this rib of beef :)

http://imageshack.us/a/img145/9473/img20120916130728.jpg

Edit: image to large sorry! Click the link for awesomeness.

Turned into this roast. Must say the yorkshires were awesome!

img20120916152726.jpg

Associate
Had pulled pork done in a slow cooker. I couldn't be bothered to wait for 1more hour so as to cook the pulled pork in a homemade BBQ sauce, but it was so succulent after doing that. Anway....

vdxCw.jpg

o2VRV.jpg

5TDQq.jpg

Associate
Where exactly do you find it/make it? Looks amazing but I've never seen it before.

I used a rub from this topic.

Dry rub:
Sweet smoked paprika
Brown sugar
Garlic powder
Onion powder
Salt/Pepper
Cayenne Pepper
Red pepper flakes

First thing I did was chop two large onions and with some oil and a bit of butter put them in the slow cooker for an hour before the pork. In the meantime I made the pork by rubbing equal amounts of the ingredients above into each side. Ideally you want to rub liquid hickory smoke into it before, but only if you find it (usually online).

I then put it for 5hrs on the top and bottom side (kept the fat on -that can come off later). This meant that the juices from the onions soaked into the pork. I had the cooker on the lower setting, which resulted in the pork heating to a temperate of between 60 to 70 degrees celcius.

After 10hrs, I pulled the pork, then removed the onions and the fat from the slow cooker, and replaced just the pork but added a homemade BBQ sauce (plenty of easy recipes, most of them using ketchup as a base). I then put it on the higher setting (which gave me around 80 celcius) for 1 hour.

The pictures above don't actually show past the 10hrs, although after eating that I put the rest of the pork back in a finished cooking it.

I then recommend serving the pork up in a nice large white bap with the onions if you want.

Associate
Obviously didn't read the bit you quoted? After I had that one (prematurely as I mentioned), I finished cooking it in the slow cooker for 1hr with plenty of homemade BBQ sauce.

Back
Top Bottom