Show Off Your Dish (Picture Thread) (Rules added)

Man of Honour
Tried some smoked haddock, spring onion and chili fish cakes. Good base, but needs improvements, mainly don't add lemon juice and use some eggs so they aren't so fragile.

Still a darn tasty breakfast.

imageldx.jpg

Last edited:
Man of Honour
A slightly compressed day, straight from breakfast to tea in the space of two hours.

One rack for me, one rack for the freezer. Couldn't keep it in one piece transferring it to the plate. 4hours in the oven.

imageavy.jpg

Finally found a shop BBQ sauce I realy like, hasn't got the funny taste or horrible smell all the comercial ones like HP/Heinz have.

Tiptree BBQ sauce http://www.tiptree.com/jqmobi/#url-987546253
Available in waitrose, really want to try some of their other stuff now.

Last edited:
Soldato
Finally found a shop BBQ sauce I realy like, hasn't got the funny taste or horrible smell all the comercial ones like HP/Heinz have.

Tiptree BBQ sauce http://www.tiptree.com/jqmobi/#url-987546253
Billable in waitrose, really want to try some of their other stuff now.

Their BBQ sauce is good isn't it. It's sweet, but not all gloopy like many commercial BBQ sauces.
I got a pack of three of their sauces as part of a birthday present and can also highly recommend the hot mango sauce. It's like a nicer mango chutney.

I also got the mustard sauce with honey, which I wasn't as impressed with.
I was expecting a sweeter sauce, something like a proper honey mustard, but it pretty much just tasted like wholegrain mustard.

Man of Honour
Mango one sounds awesome, will def check that out.
Got two other random BBQ sauces to try out. Waitrose do a big range off BBQ and chili sauces, which is nice.

Soldato
My pot roast from Sunday evening...Bought the meat from Donald Russell was £7.90 which suited 2 people perfectly. Really tasty meat and much better than anything shop bought. Roast potatoes, roast parsnips and carrots, yorkshires and peas. NOM !!

IMG_20121014_160202.jpg

Ran out of room on the plate for it all so it all just got mounted on top of each other

IMG_20121014_183907.jpg

Man of Honour
Today I did pulled pork the easy way.

Pic you fav BBQ sauce, and poor over meat and rub in.
Place in a roasting tray add about 1/2cm of water, cover well with tin foil and in th oven for 6hours.
Remove meat, remove a fat and gristle whilst pulling apart with two forks, you can either leave it like that or chop it up more.

Mean while remove any fat off top off the liquid and put back on stove, add a bit more BBQ sauce add some apple cider and reduce down to about a pint. Poor over the pork, you want it moist but not running in liquid 2kilos of meat will take 3/4-1pint off liquid.

Stored for freezer
imageksr.jpg

Didn't have any salad or rolls and couldn't be bothered to go to shop. Had some frozen parathas, slight burnt them though.
imageqbbp.jpg

would have liked some coleslaw or potato salad with it and in white baps.

Back
Top Bottom