Show Off Your Dish (Picture Thread) (Rules added)

Man of Honour
Wow a wiki link, what's that show, I'm fully aware off the method of cooking and what it is used for and what you gain cooking with certain cuts and methods.

It is not artificially aging the cut?!

No.
It's just slow cooking, breaking down the connective tissues, mainly collegen.

For certain things like the beef ribs recipes, you use sous vide so you can keep the meat rare/medium. Something you couldn't do with other cooking methods. Not that I think it's worth it, some people are a bit obsessed with beef should still be mooing. With pork, there is little to no point and certainly not worth the effort, unless it was just an experiment.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Fatty cuts of pork don't dry out. Also drying out isn't entirely down to water content.
The best steak for example has been dry aged for months and has lost a fair %percentage of water content. It's far more complicated than that, with fat and collegen(once broken down) lubricating the meat.

But I should probably stop and let this thread go back to what it's for.

Don
553162_581198335227291_367276418_n.jpg

A bed of puy lentils with potato, tomato, garlic, red wine vinegar and parsley with scallops, asparagus, pancetta, crispy sage leaves and lemon creme fraiche

should have cleaned the plate better :(

tbh I think it might have gone better on a pea and min risotto

Associate
that chicken salad looks nice what do you put on the chicken?

my special is beans on toast, cant really put a picture of that

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Roast chicken, swede & carrot smash with leek, mushroom and cream sauce.
Very nice chicken, smelt like chicken your grandparents would have cooked, I do think if your only going to spend a little extra(in this case 5p per quarter over tesco), chicken is the meat you get the biggest benefit with spending extra, followed by pork.

photojan19182612.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom