Show Off Your Dish (Picture Thread) (Rules added)

Soldato
Authentic Gaeng Keowan (Thai Green Curry), I've just put a recipe/guide here:

vh5efm.jpg

Associate
I don't toast the pine nuts on this occasion but I have done before and they are yummy!!

And I know how you feel, cheese is my downfall. I bought 50% less fat cheese so I could have 50% more. (I kid myself that this is how it works :p)

Associate
Did you toast those pine nuts? If not, do it! The flavour is incredible.

Try frying them ;)
Just get a really small saucepan and add about 5mm of oil to it and some salt, then when the oil is hot add the pine nuts until they are golden brown.
It gets them really evenly golden brown, is much easier to control and they are even better tasting than toasted.

Soldato
20130124_203611.jpg

Two Griddled fillets of wild Venison in a redcurrant and rosemary sauce, served with crispy salt and pepper Mauris Piper jacket potatoes and fresh al dente seasonal vegetables

Last edited:
Soldato
Looks fantastic OCDude - Do you have the recipe? :)

It's a Victoria Sponge...

225g of self raising flour, sugar and butter. 4 eggs. Few drops of vanilla essence. Little bit of milk.

Cream sugar and butter until it's fluffy. Slowly add eggs & vanilla essence whilst mixing. Fold in the sifted flour. Add in a bit of milk if it's sticky, you want a consistency that'll come off a spoon softly. Add the mix to a greased cake tin (do two if you want, or you can just cut it in half). Oven at 180c for 20 minutes. Remove, wire rack. Let it cool, then cut in half and add cream & jam. Devour.

Dead easy, but delicious!

Soldato
Looks fantastic OCDude - Do you have the recipe? :)

It's a Victoria Sponge...

225g of self raising flour, sugar and butter. 4 eggs. Few drops of vanilla essence. Little bit of milk.

Cream sugar and butter until it's fluffy. Slowly add eggs & vanilla essence whilst mixing. Fold in the sifted flour. Add in a bit of milk if it's sticky, you want a consistency that'll come off a spoon softly. Add the mix to a greased cake tin (do two if you want, or you can just cut it in half). Oven at 180c for 20 minutes. Remove, wire rack. Let it cool, then cut in half and add cream & jam. Devour.

Dead easy, but delicious!

Pretty much what he said :p

200g caster sugar
200g self raising flower
200g butter
4 medium eggs (or 3 large)
1 tsp Vanilla extract

Mix it all together (no need to fanny around creaming the butter and sugar first... just chuck it all in the bowl and beat until light and creamy!) Bake for ~25 mins at 190C (fan 170c)

Buttercream filling is just 100g butter + 140g icing sugar beaten until combined. Slap that on one side, raspberry jam on the other et voilá!

Bosh!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom