Show Off Your Dish (Picture Thread) (Rules added)

Soldato
Made vegan cakes for the first time earlier this week. I was taking cakes in to my work for my birthday and one of the guys is vegan so I thought I may as well make one that everyone could have. Two different types of lemon sponge cake, everybody liked both and it was about 50/50 on which one people thought was best of the two. Only have dodgy phone pictures but here you go:

467662_10151977028522067_691970594_o_zpse45b111f.jpg

By 11:15 this was all that was left:

1011807_10151978483322067_1449755255_n_zpse2777bdb.jpg

Soldato
that trout looks lovely - I like fish when you've caught it yourself - there's a different taste to it... :)

I'll be honest, i mainly fish stocked lakes as I'm not very good / experienced, so they can be a bit "earthy" but this one was lovely, and yeah, it is kinda nice to present dinner to the missus that I've caught and prepared myself.

I'm going to beetroot cure one the next time i get a chance to go.

Soldato
I caught my first trout of the year the other night, a nice 2.5lb blue.

<snip>

Filleted and pin boned.

<snip>

Then grilled with a little salt and pepper, lemon rind, spring onion and lemon juice.

New potatos are in a 50/50 mix of natural yoghurt and mayonnaise with capers, finely diced pickled cucumber and spring onion.

<snip>

I'd love to do that. Straight from stream to plate. Looks yummy :D

Made vegan cakes for the first time earlier this week. I was taking cakes in to my work for my birthday and one of the guys is vegan so I thought I may as well make one that everyone could have. Two different types of lemon sponge cake, everybody liked both and it was about 50/50 on which one people thought was best of the two. Only have dodgy phone pictures but here you go:

<snip>

By 11:15 this was all that was left:

<snip>
Looks yummy. I love lemon drizzle cake and that looks really moist!

<snip>

First attempt at portugese egg tarts tonight!

I tried those (Paul Hollywood's recipe) and my puff pastry went bonkers. I was worried that it wouldn't rise, but as it turns out... they rose to epic proportions... to the point where I had no room to actually put the custard haha!

Not sure what i did wrong (most likely the oven temp), but there were also puddles of butter in my tin, which made the bottoms soggy (cardinal sin!) :(

Soldato
My Imageshack account was deleted, so I figured I’d re-upload everything (click thumbnail for full-size) :D

Classic roast dinner (pork belly). This would, without question, be my death-row dish :D

More belly pork!

Clementine cake. Really most and, despite containing entire Clementine, didn't taste much of Clementine!

Suffering from Pretzel Flipz deprivation, I decided to make my own (and IMO, they tasted a lot nicer!) :D

Tested out my Sous Vide by cooking up some topside of beef (medium rare), then slapped it in a Ciabatta with some Parmesan shavings, rocket and horseradish. Soooooo good.

Millionaire’s Shortbread.

Brownies!

"Ultimate" chocolate cake (a mere 7500 calories!). Basically a huge, most chocolate brownie, slathered in even more chocolate creamy goodness.

Lemon & poppy seed cupcakes (with extra-butch decoration)

More cupcakes

First attempt at a bloomer - came out surprisingly okay!

Classic Victoria Sponge with oodles of buttercream and raspberry jam. mmmmm

Chelsea Buns

Dundee cake

Carrot cake

Last edited:
Soldato
That looks yummy. Not had Kedgeree in years.

I made something a little less exotic for dinner... toad in the hole :p

Really wish i'd bought normal sausages (I used pork and apple, which had a weird flavour and texture). Plus it was a bit too squidgy for my liking.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom