*** Show us your Dogs ***

My boy Hector:
IMG-4193.jpg

Haha thankfully my wife does it herself, as we often let him run around a nearby lake and fields, so he commonly gets absolutely filthy. Being a cocker, it's his favourite way to be.

However, as I was the one walking him we were both in the doghouse :cry:

Last edited:
This came up on my memories thing, my pointer, Lola. It hurts so much that I had no way of knowing that was the last summer we'd be spending together. The whole thing was horrific, I've not been able to have another dog since.

Sorry it was such a horrible experience, but you'll come around to it eventually. The way of looking at is another dog isn't a replacement, it's just a new member of the family, entirely different but just as special to you in their own way. Was she your first? As in, "your" dog rather than dogs when you were younger?

Sorry it was such a horrible experience, but you'll come around to it eventually. The way of looking at is another dog isn't a replacement, it's just a new member of the family, entirely different but just as special to you in their own way. Was she your first? As in, "your" dog rather than dogs when you were younger?

Thank you. No she wasn't our first we had her since she was a few weeks old. Was just not a nice thing to see. The only real positive was she was already 11 so she was getting on but still very fit.
In a nutshell: Came down one morning, there was loads of blood all over the floor I'm talking like murder scene levels.
Straight to vets. Turns out she had a nose tumour and it burst. Took her home after they stemmed it , she was doing weird things like sniffing around her food bowl. Almost like she could see the food in the bowl but she was perhaps wondering why she couldn't smell it properly.
Vets said although it was ok for a bit, next time it happens she'd have to be put down, so the extremely hard decision was made so she wouldn't have to go through it again. There were no warning signs prior to it, I think that's what made it worse, just totally out the blue. Wasn't fair for anyone to have to go through that again.

I'm not ruling it out again, just got quite used to not having the responsibility, not that she was ever a burden but almost feels like it would be somewhat of a chore now, and i wouldn't get a pet if I have that mindset.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom