*** Show us your Dogs ***

Thank you. No she wasn't our first we had her since she was a few weeks old. Was just not a nice thing to see. The only real positive was she was already 11 so she was getting on but still very fit.
In a nutshell: Came down one morning, there was loads of blood all over the floor I'm talking like murder scene levels.
Straight to vets. Turns out she had a nose tumour and it burst. Took her home after they stemmed it , she was doing weird things like sniffing around her food bowl. Almost like she could see the food in the bowl but she was perhaps wondering why she couldn't smell it properly.
Vets said although it was ok for a bit, next time it happens she'd have to be put down, so the extremely hard decision was made so she wouldn't have to go through it again. There were no warning signs prior to it, I think that's what made it worse, just totally out the blue. Wasn't fair for anyone to have to go through that again.

I'm not ruling it out again, just got quite used to not having the responsibility, not that she was ever a burden but almost feels like it would be somewhat of a chore now, and i wouldn't get a pet if I have that mindset.

That sounds hard, completely out of the blue. But as you say, at least there was no decline and she had a good life up until then. I think your attitude is very mature with regards to another, I'd say it probably would change if you did get one, but yeah, best when you're ready! I don't view it as getting in the way of life but they do add extra considerations to things for sure.

Barney post run with the Mrs and first (since being with us) shower, shampoo and conditioner :cry: :cry: :cry:

1000068654-01.jpg

Tennis ball dilemma.

My doggo has a serious tennis ball addiction, specifically Kong squeakair medium tennis balls. The problem is that she goes through one in a couple of days.

Any suggestions for a tennis ball feel (she does not like the rubber ones) that squeaks, kind to dogs teeth and is a bit more durable?

20240517-220224-edited.jpg

Last edited:
Tennis ball dilemma.

My doggo has a serious tennis ball addiction, specifically Kong squeakair medium tennis balls. The problem is that she goes through one in a couple of days.

Any suggestions for a tennis ball feel (she does not like the rubber ones) that squeaks, kind to dogs teeth and is a bit more durable?

20240517-220224-edited.jpg
My dog loves the X-small Kong squeaker balls, but I've not found them in stock at the usual pet shops recently. eBay sellers seem to want £lol prices for a pack of 3, considering I paid about £4 for a pack of 3 a few yeears ago. That just leaves Amazon, whose prices aren't much cheaper than those on eBay.

So puppies went off to their new homes last weekend - all lovely families who we'll keep in touch with.

These are a few snaps from their last day. My kids were devastated but put brave faces on (it might have got a little dusty for me, too).

The little whirlwind "Liberty" was picked up just before school ended for half term - her owner managed to get home in time to surprise her children (the video was brilliant!)

The largest pup "Everest" was also a surprise for the buyer's elderly father (they also own Poppy's brother) - the video they sent us when they handed Everest over was a little less loud & exciting, but really lovely. Dust-attack yet again.

A few pics from their new homes:

House has been awfully quiet since they've gone, but I don't miss coming into the lounge each morning and surveying the carnage.

Poppy is doing great - she went to the groomers for a pamper/spa day and is putting the weight back on nicely. Once her milk finishes and she's less sore, she'll be ready to work again. I'm currently limiting her to no more than an hour each day - I think she's secretly enjoying the extra sofa-cuddles, even though she keeps bringing her Service Dog harness & favourite ball to me.

So puppies went off to their new homes last weekend - all lovely families who we'll keep in touch with.

These are a few snaps from their last day. My kids were devastated but put brave faces on (it might have got a little dusty for me, too).

The little whirlwind "Liberty" was picked up just before school ended for half term - her owner managed to get home in time to surprise her children (the video was brilliant!)

The largest pup "Everest" was also a surprise for the buyer's elderly father (they also own Poppy's brother) - the video they sent us when they handed Everest over was a little less loud & exciting, but really lovely. Dust-attack yet again.

A few pics from their new homes:

House has been awfully quiet since they've gone, but I don't miss coming into the lounge each morning and surveying the carnage.

Poppy is doing great - she went to the groomers for a pamper/spa day and is putting the weight back on nicely. Once her milk finishes and she's less sore, she'll be ready to work again. I'm currently limiting her to no more than an hour each day - I think she's secretly enjoying the extra sofa-cuddles, even though she keeps bringing her Service Dog harness & favourite ball to me.

I needed this cuteness! All absolutely adorable.

My dog loves the X-small Kong squeaker balls, but I've not found them in stock at the usual pet shops recently. eBay sellers seem to want £lol prices for a pack of 3, considering I paid about £4 for a pack of 3 a few yeears ago. That just leaves Amazon, whose prices aren't much cheaper than those on eBay.
As chrisxl200 mentioned, the Chukit balls seem.pretty indestructible, but a bit more expensive, about £15 for a 3 pack.

My current and previous Lab haven't managed to finish one off . The more solid ones dont squeak but make a whistling noise when thrown etc.

Back
Top Bottom