Show us your JDM Motors?!

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
What cars are worth importing at the moment? What are the costs and what does the process look like of getting it in the UK? How much more is the insurance since its a 'grey import'?

Associate
What cars are worth importing at the moment? What are the costs and what does the process look like of getting it in the UK? How much more is the insurance since its a 'grey import'?

Need to know this as well.

Hands off of S14's. They are all mine. I'm looking to import a S14 at the moment. I was going to buy a R33 GTST but then I saw a beautiful S14 JDM and instantly changed my mind.

Soldato
Ah I thought you had a specific one in mind :)

In honesty I actually prefer the UKDM looks better than the kouki version from Japan. UK one's look more aggressive.

Associate
Better of buying a UK spec one and knowing it's history and then putting a kit on it, quite a few pop up on SXOC forums.

I've seen a couple on there.

Yeah it's a good site I just don't have a clue how it works. I've not had chance to browse the thing properly.

Soldato
I've seen a couple on there.

Yeah it's a good site I just don't have a clue how it works. I've not had chance to browse the thing properly.

Same as the forums here, spent many hours on the forums when i owned a S14
some really great people which like to help.

check out there local meets as well to have a look around the cars, they are amazing fun to drive in the dry, can be quite scary in the wet though.

Associate
its about finding one that has been looked after, mine is a 97 plate UK car on original paint and only just started rusting on the front wing.

there's no harm in looking, but if you're put off by rust then I don't think an old jap car is for you.

Associate
Rust doesn't bother me as long as it's not a massive amount. All old skool Jap cars rust. Just the JDM imports aren't usually as bad.

Soldato
there's no harm in looking, but if you're put off by rust then I don't think an old jap car is for you.

Nah, mine's 2001, never seen salt, not a spec of rust on it. No reason you have to have rust. I've scrapped 2 cars because of rot and gave up on one more because it was turning into a pile of oxide. It's an upsetting business and I wouldn't be happy buying another car that was already in the fast lane to the scrap pile.

As for the evo, there's a simple solution, buy the wagon version! Unbeatable mid corner adjustability in an awd is pretty laughable though you have to say ;)

Back
Top Bottom