Show us your JDM Motors?!

Man of Honour
JDM Subaru Forester STi, and its mine all mine! :)

side.jpg

Associate
Looked well when I had a look around the stands! Did I see you go on track as well?

I was there with UKStarletOwners. Must admit, I was ready to leave at 3, mostly because of that bloody Cerwin Vega stand. The grandstand above us was rattling...

Thanks I didn't get out on track unfortunately. The Cerwin Vega stand was cool for about 5 minutes then got annoying especially when queuing for food.

I left at about half 3 it was a good day but I don't think Rockingham is the right venue for it. Everything seemed crammed into one area and the track viewing wasn't great hopefully it will be back at Donington next year.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
I preferred Marty's old wheels!

http://i58.tinypic.com/8zqzjt.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Any wheels would look better than those Work S1's, Idk why everyone wants them so badly. Chunky and ugly, probably heavy too... :(

E.g. Japan Racing Wheels, Rota's and or Loma, Rotiform (A bit pricey tho)

Last edited:

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
Aren't Japan racing and rotas reps though?
No clue, are they? :confused:

He had a lovely set of genuine Rays 6 spokes before I think, looked much better
Not sure if he had the wheels you're talking about, but they looked so much better... But apart from the wheels the car looks nice and its a practical daily with plenty of power. :)

Caporegime
The wheels they put on at the show after painting were Rays, then they almost immediately took them off to fit the Work ones.

Don't know about Japan Racing but Rotas are definitely replica or 'heavily inspired by', albeit generally a bit higher quality than a typical eBay replica. They've developed their own following recently though, which is a bit strange.

Soldato
The S1's don't suit the 'supergramps' at all, they look killer on a stanced car but a motorsport oriented design would work better. The gram lights were ruined by the matte black.

Soldato
Don't know about Japan Racing but Rotas are definitely replica or 'heavily inspired by', albeit generally a bit higher quality than a typical eBay replica. They've developed their own following recently though, which is a bit strange.

It is funny how Rotas have gone from 'lol cheap knock off' to popular in a few years, then again quality has been improved over that period as well...

I find the snobbiness that exists over genuine wheels vs replicas a bit much though at times, the same people that cream themselves over on mx5nutz about a genuine set of RS Watanabes being so much better than the Rota RKR copy, ignoring the Watanabe being a knock-off of the original minilite wheel design...

Caporegime
The S1's don't suit the 'supergramps' at all, they look killer on a stanced car but a motorsport oriented design would work better. The gram lights were ruined by the matte black.

Not only that but he swapped the 4 pot STi calipers for twin piston legacy calipers during the wheel swap as I guess the sti brakes wouldn't clear. :confused:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom