2015-07-10%2013.55.48_zpsao9zragd.jpg

2015-06-23%2017.07.09_zpsinbisycv.jpg

5_zps4823ab9c.jpg

4_zps2324ec67.jpg

2015-06-18%2014.13.12_zpstjh1h52c.jpg

2015-06-17%2014.13.22_zps4uowma0b.jpg

Associate
[TW]Fox;28336219 said:
An awful lot of non JDM cars in here. Why call it JDM if you really mean 'Japanese'? JDM is a specific thing.

All 4 of the cars I posted were Japanese imports. I do agree with you though that a fair few of the ones posted are probably UK cars.

Soldato
Great excuse to relive the good times. Great thread idea. My first adventure with JDM was a Galant Vr4 which I loved. It was an 8g version with choice mods but the car was a good one. Should have kept it, bought it when they were super rare and no-one knew what they were. Odd green colour too and was an auto which was the better box:

2qdq3it.jpg

Next up I dabbled with an Integra Type R that I imported myself. Great hooligan car, didn't keep it long and was drawn back to another Vr4. Now I strangely dream of having the DC2 back in the good weather.

iptyqg.jpg

So I bought a manual Legnum Vr4 that I spent a fair bit of money on getting it right. Good car but it was never as good as the first one I had. More power but just never drove as well as it should. The auto was a better box as well:

2cndnvd.jpg

A few years back I bought an older 80's 6g Galant vr4. Should have kept it. I spent a bit on it but it was cheap overall as parts are quite easy to get from Evo's. Had an Evo 3 big turbo, evo 8 suspension and loads of other bits to make it an absolute hoot to drive. Boost threshold to the max :) Really rare now, shouldn't have sold it but it went to a good man and I still keep in touch. Tried to keep it looking normal, so no huge exhausts etc, standard, even had Colt alloys!

2m7eybq.jpg

And finally now I have a Skyline R32 GTR "project". A good shell and base, its currently getting a full engine rebuild. Plan is to keep it standard looking but maybe a touch more power at around 400/450 ish. I do plan on keeping it, but you never ever know.

f0ynip.jpg

Had a few other Japanese choices like a GS300 and a Shogun but those were not "JDM".

I find Mitsubishis so easy to work on which helps too. About the only cars I know anything about!

Associate
Here are a couple of my old cars. Apparently i don't take many photos of my cars which is a shame. I sold the supra and bought an mx5 which i still have. The soarer i think is the best all round car that i have owned and i wouldn't mind having another.

IMAG2171.jpg

IMAG0247.jpg

Soldato
Just next to the parents CRD, some very nice cars sat outside at times. I've heard some horror stories in the past though!

I had heard a couple, but it was his own car built for himself at the time (I believe), wish I hadn't sold it to be honest, I've not driven anything like it since (although a 4.5k-10k power band was awkward at times, and the clutch could kill you in traffic)

Man of Honour
All 4 of the cars I posted were Japanese imports. I do agree with you though that a fair few of the ones posted are probably UK cars.

The JDM stuff is genuinely interesting as you don't see that many actually JDM cars and there is an increasing scene fad of pretending everything remotely Japanese is JDM. Therefore the idea of a thread filled only with actual JDM was pretty cool.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
[TW]Fox;28336627 said:
The JDM stuff is genuinely interesting as you don't see that many actually JDM cars and there is an increasing scene fad of pretending everything remotely Japanese is JDM. Therefore the idea of a thread filled only with actual JDM was pretty cool.

80% of my threads always go offtopic, I can't control it. :p

Soldato
Some nice Jap tin in this thread :)

I have much love for the DC5, kind of wish I'd bought one in 2012 instead of the S2000 that I quickly pranged, with the money spent on cars since then I could have had an absolutely epic Integra! Oh well, such is hindsight.

Will refrain from posting my MX5 in here, Hiroshima's finest roadster it may be but its still not a JDM import :p

Back
Top Bottom