Show us your JDM Motors?!

No it's just BMW boys trying to de-rail a thread. Some cars are built in Japan, are Japanese domestic market but have been officially imported to UK to be "classed" as a UK car. The "UK Spec" R34 GTR is case in point.

You have a point

Edit:

So many nice cars in 1 thread, I thought it would be a good idea to separate JDM cars from all the usual BMW's, Ford's and other cars. The idea came to my head when I saw Candyman post of the fiesta and R34, that R34 in that garage looked mean! :D

Last edited:
Tell me more about the Charger! :U
Sadly thats gone too. It was a 440 R/T clone. I kept meaning to get a nice photo of them together for fast and furious fans but never did. In the second picture there is my old mercedes 300d limo as well.

I thought i would add - This is a JDM thread and i haven't seen any cable tie stitching yet?? :P

Last edited:
And I know it is aftermarket, I just think it has ruined the looks a bit. Each to their own of course. Still beautiful. :)

You're the first person that's said they don't like it to be honest, good to have a different opinion though. But the fact you think it's a beautiful car throws your comment out the window as even I know it's a big chubby lump that's far from being a beaut! :D

You're the first person that's said they don't like it to be honest, good to have a different opinion though. But the fact you think it's a beautiful car throws your comment out the window as even I know it's a big chubby lump that's far from being a beaut! :D

Well, when I don't like something I usually stay quiet to not upset anybody. But I'm not a big fan of that "lump" either, neither am I of the 2 tone colour choice. But if the owner likes it, than it doesn't matter what others think IMO.

A nice looking car such as GT-R usually only requires some nice detailing, different wheels and possibly a slight lowering.

Last edited:
You have a point

Edit:

So many nice cars in 1 thread, I thought it would be a good idea to separate JDM cars from all the usual BMW's, Ford's and other cars. The idea came to my head when I saw Candyman post of the fiesta and R34, that R34 in that garage looked mean! :D

tbh my car although its a UK-spec, its 1 of only 80, not only that it was originally brought in by Middlehurst from Japan as a JDM car, then middlehurst modified them for the UK market with connolly leather interior, oil cooler, diff cooler, gearbox cooler. xenon headlights, nismo MFD upgrade, bumper airvent, cobra cat 1 alarm and some other bits and pieces. So I guess technically it is a JDM car, at least thats what it rolled out the Nissan factory as first.

And on the basis of that argument!

34%20and%20fez2%20-1280.jpg

edited my original post to cover only the JDM parts on my vehicle.

I will await the 'Show us your UKDM Japanese manufactured vehicles' thread to appear before posting my car again.

see thats where it gets confusing.

i know the Tochigi plant did the NSX, S2000 and Insight up till about 2003 and then the S2000 moved over to Suzuka but I've heard mixed opinion on if they carried on production of the S2000 at Tochigi after 2003.

I cant remember how to check my car for which plant it was made in either.

Still not JDM though.

lovely GTO, mate of mine has one in white (pearl), lovely colour. You may know him if your part of a owners club.

Cheers, i know of a few other white ones so possibly, mk1 or 2? :)

Its boosting to +1.5 bar at the moment and hitting fuel cut so may well be ending up the same as Clarkeys soarer if I'm not to careful! Feels awesome up until that point mind :D

...A few years back I bought an older 80's 6g Galant vr4...

I grew up in that shape Galant which was really comfy! In fact most of my parents cars have been slightly-more-interesting-than-your-usual-civic-but-probably-not-actual-JDM-as-they-were-sold-in-the-uk Japanese cars...

1990 2L Galant hatch
2000 Galant saloon
1993 Hot Galant hatch (don't think it was a vr4 but it had a big engine with 4WD and 4WS)
1997 Primera GT

Keep the pictures coming so I can stalk more!

Still got both of these stored at my parents house (yay for taking up garage space :D)

AW11 1985 MR2 which is stock apart from MX5 BBS wheels, mk2 MR2 discs and calipers and a silly loud exhaust.
DSC_0421.jpg

Usual stage 1 bolt on mods and on Nismo S-Tune suspension.
DSC_0651.jpg

I want a damson s14a so much. I think it will be my next purchase. Let me know if you decided to free up your parents garage! :P Last time i was in a position to buy i couldn't find one i liked and bought a supra instead. This time its competing with an 8 series for that spot on my driveway.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom