Show us your JDM Motors?!

Soldato
That Rex is stunning... Can't believe how much they have gone up in price recently!

Yep better get one soon if you have the time and money! Imagine the prices of some JDM motors in 5 or 10 years, when most will have been wrecked or ruined..

We'll all be doomed, driving (or not) around in self-driving cars :(

Last edited:

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
:p

f4854bfbf67ddc1e4d57487b663962de.png

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
Are you guys talking from your own experience or... ?

By the time insurance will allow me to have one, most of the remainig ones will rust completely or be smashed on junk yards.

Soldato
I've had my 200 for many years and it's been stupendously reliable and great fun to drive.

They're only expensive if you start chasing silly power (as is any car).

If you're into scoring Internet Scene points then it can get expensive too (as is any car).

You'll struggle to find a car that offers better value for money.

Just drive one first, they're GT cars so not going to be super precise like an MX-5 but they're still fun to drive, especially if the suspension is tweaked slightly (for not a great deal of money) and the sweet spot is around 300bhp apparently. Weighing ~1200kg and ~300bhp makes for pretty decent performance with low running costs. Most of them are modified now, you just need to buy one that's been looked after, this is probably quite a challenge these days.

If you can find something that is faster, more reliable and more fun to drive for the same total cost of ownership then I'm all ears.

The only real upgrade for me is the E46 M3 but I fear they're getting a bit old in tooth now and clearly the running costs dwarf that of the Nissan, not to mention they cost twice as much to purchase.

FWIW the S15 is overpriced for what it is....IMO.

Last edited:

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
@sigma, oh okay, although I like 90's japs. I wouldn't spend that much money to get into that shape shown on that picture. I would probably just replace the suspension, rims and put in a bucket seat. Depending on the cost maybe up the performance a little bit.

Nothing crazy... if I was rich. I would probably own a S15 like the one on that picture, but I'm not. :p

@rjk, oh yeah 1st picture on this thread.

The MX5's are pretty expensive :eek:

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't really know much about the state of the market/modding scene these days but most people used to say that a set of KYB AGX shocks/springs, some rear sub-frame bushes and anti-roll bars are best for road use, no point in going for coilovers or fully polybushing everything in sight. A proper wheel alignment/set up is also useful, as are decent tyres.

There are usually (well, there used to be) quite a few parts for sale second hand if you want to keep costs low but just need to consider the risk on certain parts.

The S15 is nice but I don't think it's worth the premium over the S14a - a quick browse on Pistonheads shows that a decent S15 might set you back £10k which is way over what I'd pay tbh...

Last edited:
Associate
Bit of an old pic, the front plate is now a smaller style and the wheels are BBS LM's

Qphtis6.jpg

Still looks so great, looks great in white.

I don't care that the handling is poor in the bends, it was such a great GT car, I loved the sound and feel when the turbos were on chat.

Was a sad day when mine came off the road in the wet, at 25 mph into a 30mph speed limit sign....:( I still miss it.

Back
Top Bottom