Show us your kitty cats

Associate
May has had to go to the hospital for an overnight stay and scans after a few days of not eating, toilet, severe lethargy. Vet initially thinks it's something in her abdomen and then called up after blood tests to take her to the 24/7 vets in Wanstead. They'll try and get some fluids into her.

Obviously hoping for the best but right now just feel absolutely awful, and the house feels empty without her; I know she'll be getting the care and attention she needs but I feel for her being there all on her own
Fingers crossed all turns out ok.

Associate
puvhVY4.jpg

Junk, very old retired local stray tomcat.
FIV+, no teeth, gammy leg, generally a bit stiff.
Doesn't stop him still being a bit of an ********.

Associate
Handsome and Heterochromatic too!
He has a certain presence and a tendency to glare at people.
My sister was freaked out by him and asked me why he was staring at her.
I told her that he's a feral tomcat and only knows how to do three things. He's just working out the order.

Soldato
Update - since birth its highly likely she only ever had one kidney and been fine without one. The issue has been with her ureter being instructed and unable to work between her kidney and bladder.

She had surgery overnight to put in a sub device that essentially acts as a ureter, which was successful and will need flushing every 3-4 months. Waiting for a call today to see how she's getting on and take it from there. Essentially, they want her to produce urine.

Insurance will cover a decent chunk, but not all of it, and we've put down a deposit. Think a lot of people would have said it's time to say goodbye but we love her so much even after having her for such a short period of time we're determined to not give up on her.

Soldato
Just had a phone call: she's doing OK as you could expect after such a surgery- producing urine, just waiting a bit for her levels to become stable. Still not really eating so they're having to give her nutrition through a tube. Been told we'll get a call tomorrow evening but no news is good news.

Not out of the woods yet, but content considering the situation.

Associate
Just had a phone call: she's doing OK as you could expect after such a surgery- producing urine, just waiting a bit for her levels to become stable. Still not really eating so they're having to give her nutrition through a tube. Been told we'll get a call tomorrow evening but no news is good news.

Not out of the woods yet, but content considering the situation.
I hope she pulls through for you

Back
Top Bottom