Show us your kitty cats

RIP Rosie

She has been going down hill rapidly this last week, lost a tonne of weight to the point her spine and back legs were showing, drinking loads, really aggressive if you approached her and she just sits in the same spot not wanting to do anything and not wanting to interact. Vets think she may have cancer and recommended since shes nearly 20 (Turns out they had her on record for 19 years that my dads had her and she was about 1 when he got her as a rescue) it might be time to call it before she suffers much more. So she was put down at 4pm today and buried in my dads garden in her favourite spot. He's a complete mess as it was just him and her and hes thrown all of her stuff as looking at it brings him to tears. Had a few very teary calls from him, kinda hit me a bit hard today too.

She was treated like a princess and had many years of pampering
Sorry to hear that mate - Your Dad did the right thing as we have been through that twice - The pain eases but you never forget.

RIP Rosie

She has been going down hill rapidly this last week, lost a tonne of weight to the point her spine and back legs were showing, drinking loads, really aggressive if you approached her and she just sits in the same spot not wanting to do anything and not wanting to interact. Vets think she may have cancer and recommended since shes nearly 20 (Turns out they had her on record for 19 years that my dads had her and she was about 1 when he got her as a rescue) it might be time to call it before she suffers much more. So she was put down at 4pm today and buried in my dads garden in her favourite spot. He's a complete mess as it was just him and her and hes thrown all of her stuff as looking at it brings him to tears. Had a few very teary calls from him, kinda hit me a bit hard today too.

So very sorry to hear about Rosie and I feel for your dad. I lost Garfield and then Jade just nine months later and it affected me in ways I could never imagine. It was worse with Jade because she was our first cat but being so close to losing Garfield hurt like hell and it still does even now, some 3 years later. Seeing the life drain out of Jade as she went to sleep is something that I will never forget but I had to be there for her. My cats are my world and it seems like the same is true for your dad. I had nobody who understood what I was going through, the wife said they are just cats!! They are family members to me (as I am sure many on here think the same way about their babies) and I had to work through it on my own. I wouldn't say I am over it as I still tear up when I think of those awful days but I have sort of worked around it. Best advice I can offer is be there for your dad, understand how he is feeling (which I think you do) and help him through it.

RIP Rosie

So sorry for your loss :( sounds like your dad gave her amazing life.

Can anyone please advise on how to prevent a pack of 8 (yes, eight) cats ******** all over my gardens? I'm at a bit of a loss.

Neighbour moved in with 8 cats about a year ago, and it's been a **** fest ever since. The front garden is only small and I've laid out that 'anti-cat mat' stuff spanning about 80% of the surface, alongside a 'sonar cat repeller' thing but it still does naff all.

I've read that vinegar and citrus rinds can help, does it work?

The owners of said cat is a single middle-aged bloke, who needs 8 cats???

I'm not anti-cat, I've owned them myself. I just haven't had to deal with this amount of cat **** before.

Last edited:
Citrus works well. I throw orange peals on my garden to stop cats pooing in the garden. My cat goes elsewhere instead (sorry haha). Had issues with other cats using my garden which is why I started though.

Last edited:
You can get motion activated water sprayers. Get a super soaker and spray them if you see them.

I’ve heard people trying those sound based deterrents but they don’t seem to work.

Citrus works well. I throw orange peals on my garden to stop cats pooing in the garden. My cat goes elsewhere instead (sorry haha). Had issues with other cats using my garden which is why I started though.
I've popped to the shop and bought some vinegar + lemons, time will tell! :D

Last edited:
I've popped to the shop and bought some vinegar + lemons, time will tell! :D
If you catch the buggers soaking them with water has worked for me also for the stubborn ones. Sounds cruel but they get the message after a few tries.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom