Show us your kitty cats

Soldato
We got to say a final goodbye to Sky today. The funeral home were so so caring and he looked so peaceful. Just looked like he always did when sleeping. We get his ashes back on Friday.

Little TJ is totally lost and doesn't know what to do with himself. Still hasn't really come near us since Sky left the house. He did let me pet him this morning though, which is a start. It's going to be a long time before we all get used to him not being here as he really was always on my lap or sitting with us or wanting fed or to have the tap put on for a drink.

Rest in peace my gorgeous boy.

Soldato
Had to say goodbye to Minx on Monday night, looks like she'd had 1 last fit/seizure which left her with some neurological damage. The vets did some blood tests and found that her kidneys were shot too, so she had no quality of life left and he had to say goodbye :(

She was just over 17 and was a house cat for the last 5 years. I keep thinking I hear her feet patter around at night or think I can hear her purring from the corner of the office where she used to sleep and keep me company :(

bMlRG7V.jpg.png

Soldato
Had to say goodbye to Minx on Monday night, looks like she'd had 1 last fit/seizure which left her with some neurological damage. The vets did some blood tests and found that her kidneys were shot too, so she had no quality of life left and he had to say goodbye :(

She was just over 17 and was a house cat for the last 5 years. I keep thinking I hear her feet patter around at night or think I can hear her purring from the corner of the office where she used to sleep and keep me company :(

bMlRG7V.jpg.png
So sorry for your loss. We lost our Sky last Monday. Its so hard loosing them. I keep expecting to see him appear wanting cuddles and like you expecting to hear his wee claws on the wooden floor. His little brother is still crying daily for him.

Soldato

bMlRG7V.jpg.png
very sorry to hear that, she looked adorable :(

Man of Honour

bMlRG7V.jpg.png
Awful. Sorry to hear it :(

Man of Honour
Inconvenient places I choose to sleep so I show my alpha status in the house number 43.

Typical cat, always in the middle of the stairs/hall, especially if I’m carrying something. They don’t move either :p

It always makes me chuckle, I go to work to put a roof over their head, clean out their trays and we wouldn’t have gotten air con if not for the indoor ragdoll.

Of all their expensive beds, what is it with cats and boxes!

Last edited:
Caporegime
Last picture of the four kittens together before the first one (Fluffly) went to her new home on Friday, Bob leaves tomorrow, then we've hanging on to Cat Woo until the end of this month (since the new owners are going on holiday) and keeping Coach:

DsRWlmx.jpg

They've bought us a lot of joy over the last three months and we'll be sorry to see them go, but we're happy they're going to good homes.

Man of Honour
Last picture of the four kittens together before the first one (Fluffly) went to her new home on Friday, Bob leaves tomorrow, then we've hanging on to Cat Woo until the end of this month (since the new owners are going on holiday) and keeping Coach:

DsRWlmx.jpg

They've bought us a lot of joy over the last three months and we'll be sorry to see them go, but we're happy they're going to good homes.

I’d have to keep them all :p

I’d love another cat, but the cost starts to add up. Plus I don’t want to upset the dynamic our two have.

I’ve been sponsoring this cutie for a few months and will pay for him to fly to the uk in due course. Hoping someone offers him a home. He’s blind and (selectively) deaf, such a cutie:

Man of Honour
Haven't been in here for a while but after finally managing to get past (but never completely over) losing our beautiful Jade I have my head in a good place and we decided to get some playmates for little Abby who really misses Jade and Garfield. So after some searching I will be picking these little darlings up tomorrow morning.

UsEToGo.jpg

They are 10 weeks old and are brother and sister. As of yet they aren't named but I am leaning towards Oscar for the boy and Chloe or Cleo for the girl.

Man of Honour
Haven't been in here for a while but after finally managing to get past (but never completely over) losing our beautiful Jade I have my head in a good place and we decided to get some playmates for little Abby who really misses Jade and Garfield. So after some searching I will be picking these little darlings up tomorrow morning.

UsEToGo.jpg

They are 10 weeks old and are brother and sister. As of yet they aren't named but I am leaning towards Oscar for the boy and Chloe or Cleo for the girl.
Beautiful

Meanwhile my elderly 18 year old lady is enjoying her new cushion in her favourite cardboard box.

RJNbsVK.jpg

Soldato
So beautiful, 18 years old. I really hope my little girl lives to that age. She is 13 now with very mild renal issues all under control though with stable bloods.

Had your 18 year old got any health issues if you don't mind me asking?

Man of Honour
So beautiful, 18 years old. I really hope my little girl lives to that age. She is 13 now with very mild renal issues all under control though with stable bloods.

Had your 18 year old got any health issues if you don't mind me asking?
Hopefully the renal issues are manageable.

No health issues that I'm aware of for Angel. We inherited her nearly three years ago so don't know all of her history. But she has had two annual checkups since and no concerns raised by the vet. She has vomited a few times recently so I'll discuss that at her next checkup in a couple of months. It mostly happens after eating grass so I'm not too concerned at this point. She is a house cat and rarely goes out beyond our garden which may explain why she's managed to get to a good age without anything significant. Luckily we have a fairly large garden so she has plenty of room to roam. But she has noticably slowed down recently and I'm thinking of making little steps or ladders up to her favourite spots to make things easier for her.

It made me laugh that when I had my broken leg still in a full cast, resting on a stool with cushions on, she used to fight me for the cushions. I would hobble out to the kitchen on crutches and come back to find she had stolen the spot. As soon as I entered the room she would make a dash for it before I got there :) We would end up compromising with her having 80% of the cushions and I would precariously perch my broken leg on the remaining edge.

Not having owned cats before it really surprised me how affectionate and talkative they can be. We definitely have back and forth conversations. Love her to bits.

Last edited:
Man of Honour

Having been woken up by my wife setting off the house alarm, I eventually fell asleep only to be woken up by these two purr faces who had boxed me in :)

Not our cat, no idea whose it is, snuck in while I was doing my workout and the door was open. Very friendly. Gave it some dreamies, had a tummy rub and off it went.

Soldato
Took my old boy to the vets this morning
Prices are ridiculous been bought out by some big company
Though that's another subject I guess

Apparently he's in great shape for a 15 year old diabetic
Which is good news at least
But even the half mile trip makes him ill

Anyone else got a cat gets car sick?
If so have you found anything that helps with it?
Tried feliway but had zero effect on him
It's definitely the motion of the car does it
If put him in his basket and we just sit in the car park
After 5 minutes he's chilled out
But as soon as we start moving that's it he's going to be ill

And @CaptainRAVE
Yeah same here they can have the whole other side of the bed
Yet no they both have to be in a place where
I am forced to have my knees to my chin to avoid accidentally kicking them lol
And that interloper is almost identical to one of mine
Pretty sure mines chilling out on my sofa though

Back