Show us your kitty cats

Man of Honour
Had to have my cat Jinx put to sleep last night. I'm devastated :( In work and keep blubbing. Awful....
So sorry to hear that and I know exactly how you feel. When I lost Garfield and then Jade just 9 months later people would say it's just a cat!! They just don't get it. Cat's are adorable creatures and capture our hearts so how could any cat owner not be upset when they lose their friend/companion? Hell, my cats are family members! I would like to say that time is a healer but I stil get teary about Jade almost a year after we lost her. I am 6' 2" and just fell apart when we lost her and if people saw me as weak because I was upset I couln't care less. You have to work your way through things the best you can. So very sorry.

Soldato
Aww, sorry to hear that. :(

You should have seen me in the vets when I had Bandit put to sleep.
I couldn't see properly in the vets due to tears. Came home tonight and no welcome party to see me come in the door. Just feels wrong, not having her come and rub against my leg to say hello.

I looked over to the spot in the kitchen where we had her pillow, food and litter box....nothing there now. My twin boys miss her too and that's just another level of sorrow to try and comfort them. Jinx dying was the first time they faced death of any kind. Hard to try and explain jinx won't be coming back. They are too young to understand. I think we'll to to a tree on Saturday and "say goodbye" just a tree close to home. It'll be where I said she is buried (she was cremated at 10am today, no ashes coming home).

Man this sucks...

Soldato
Rip little Jinxy :(
My little girl has been gone for nearly 10 years. I still catch myself expecting to see her on the sofa now and then, the hole in your heart never quite goes away. She's buried under a tree in the back garden a spot she spent most of her outside time at.

Best pic I still have of her
DSC00449.jpg

edit: found another when she was getting on in her years, still was a floofy monster
IMG-20130521-131129.jpg

Last edited:
Man of Honour
The kittens are coming on lovely and now come running to me. They have quietened down a lot but are still rather boisterous. My legs look like I have gone for a stroll through a load of barbed wire and my hands and arms aren't much better although they are hanging off me less and less with each passing day. We had a particularly nice moment yesterday which almost brought me to tears. I was sitting on the sofa reading a magazine when Oscar jumped up, cuddled into the side of my legs and went to sleep. When Cleo couldn't find him she also jumped up, gave his ears a clean (they really like to get right in) and then stomped all over my mag before walking around in a circle and crashing out on my lap (guess I wasn't going to get to finish my magazine then). Oscar saw her cuddled up and got between me and her (he gets very jealous at times) and also went to sleep. I knew when we took them on that I would have my work cut out due to them having hardly any human interaction because the people I got them from didn't want to get attached but I never though that they would come around this quickly. They really are very affectionate kittens, they even purr when they are cleaning each other. They have their second jab on Monday so it will be interesting to see how much weight they have put on, especially Oscar as he seems much bigger than Cleo now although I can't be sure some of that isn't down to his more solid markings.

We haven't made any progress at all with getting Abby to accept them and I am at a loss as what to try next. If she is outside they get the run of the house so when she comes in she smells their scent straight away and starts growling and hissing. She has had a couple of swipes at Oscar who seems to be fearless but she has not really gone for him or Cleo. The wife says let them get on with it but I can't do that as they may get hurt so at the moment wherever they go, I go as well. Hopefully this will eventually run it course and order will be restored but there is no signs of this happening anytime soon. I can't understand it as she wasn't like this when we took Garfield on unless it's something to do with her being the only cat since we lost Garfield and then Jade and it was just her since September last year.

Soldato
The kittens are coming on lovely and now come running to me. They have quietened down a lot but are still rather boisterous. My legs look like I have gone for a stroll through a load of barbed wire and my hands and arms aren't much better although they are hanging off me less and less with each passing day. We had a particularly nice moment yesterday which almost brought me to tears. I was sitting on the sofa reading a magazine when Oscar jumped up, cuddled into the side of my legs and went to sleep. When Cleo couldn't find him she also jumped up, gave his ears a clean (they really like to get right in) and then stomped all over my mag before walking around in a circle and crashing out on my lap (guess I wasn't going to get to finish my magazine then). Oscar saw her cuddled up and got between me and her (he gets very jealous at times) and also went to sleep. I knew when we took them on that I would have my work cut out due to them having hardly any human interaction because the people I got them from didn't want to get attached but I never though that they would come around this quickly. They really are very affectionate kittens, they even purr when they are cleaning each other. They have their second jab on Monday so it will be interesting to see how much weight they have put on, especially Oscar as he seems much bigger than Cleo now although I can't be sure some of that isn't down to his more solid markings.

We haven't made any progress at all with getting Abby to accept them and I am at a loss as what to try next. If she is outside they get the run of the house so when she comes in she smells their scent straight away and starts growling and hissing. She has had a couple of swipes at Oscar who seems to be fearless but she has not really gone for him or Cleo. The wife says let them get on with it but I can't do that as they may get hurt so at the moment wherever they go, I go as well. Hopefully this will eventually run it course and order will be restored but there is no signs of this happening anytime soon. I can't understand it as she wasn't like this when we took Garfield on unless it's something to do with her being the only cat since we lost Garfield and then Jade and it was just her since September last year.

i think your older cat will be seeing them as a threat especially if their in territory she calls her own, do you have any glass pained doors in the house?

you could feed each of them on opposite sides so they can see but not touch and get used to each others scents and also associate scents with feeding time etc give the kittens a room to their own and try and not take away much territory from your older one :)

Man of Honour
i think your older cat will be seeing them as a threat especially if their in territory she calls her own, do you have any glass pained doors in the house?

you could feed each of them on opposite sides so they can see but not touch and get used to each others scents and also associate scents with feeding time etc give the kittens a room to their own and try and not take away much territory from your older one :)

No glass doors in the house. The kittens are confined to the living room when Abby is in but when she goes out they have the run of the house. As soon as I hear the catflap unlock when Abby comes in the kittens are gathered up and back in the living room. Abby smells them straight away though and goes around the house growling and hissing. We can't keep the kittens in one room all of the time, that would be cruel even if they do have loads of toys to play with. Talking of toys, ones we have had for several years have been found to be lacking when it comes to Oscar. The most "Oscar proof" toys we have found so far seem to be little fluffy balls. He has destroyed many others including a Kong Kickaroo!! He sit's there just tearing them apart the little deviant.

Back
Top Bottom