Show us your kitty cats

Soldato
Had a knock on the door at lunchtime and it was my neighbour with some very bad news. One of her cats, Cindy was run over last night and someone found her this morning and took her to the vets in case she was microchipped, which she was and they phoned my neighbour with the bad news. She wanted to go and see her but they said no because of the condition she was in. At least it was instant. She was a beautiful cat, a ragdoll cross and only 15 months old. This is hard for all of us and not just my neighbour although obviously it's much worse for her. You see, the three of us in a row that have cats let them come and go from each others houses all the time. Cindy and her sister Cherie particularly liked our house as Ozzy and Cleo are only a little older and they were always playing together. She will be sorely missed and things are not going to be the same around here as we called her and her sister the cheeky girls as they used to charge in whenever the door was opened and take over the house.

Poor Cindy, may she rest in peace.
RIP Cindy, Sorry to hear about this and hope everyone is ok

Soldato
We got reasonably good news at vet this afternoon.
It seems the antibiotics are working but it's taking longer than vet thought - She now thinks for some reason the problem is in cartlidge by his ear and that is almost like bones (that's what she said) -Anyway he is on 10 days of antibiotics and one small bottle of pain killer.
Ronnie is much better than when this started and it's obvious to us but it's not 100% fixed yet.
So it's back to vet in 3 weeks time.
I didn't realise just how powerful a full grown Tom cat is - He got out of my grasp three times before I got him in his cage. Give him his due once in the cage he just settles down and goes to sleep.
One Tom cat I had years ago used to wail from start to finish but he was a outdoor cat. Also the best cat I have ever had. You could do anything with him.

Soldato
We got reasonably good news at vet this afternoon.
It seems the antibiotics are working but it's taking longer than vet thought - She now thinks for some reason the problem is in cartlidge by his ear and that is almost like bones (that's what she said) -Anyway he is on 10 days of antibiotics and one small bottle of pain killer.
Ronnie is much better than when this started and it's obvious to us but it's not 100% fixed yet.
So it's back to vet in 3 weeks time.
I didn't realise just how powerful a full grown Tom cat is - He got out of my grasp three times before I got him in his cage. Give him his due once in the cage he just settles down and goes to sleep.
One Tom cat I had years ago used to wail from start to finish but he was a outdoor cat. Also the best cat I have ever had. You could do anything with him.
so glad he is on the mend :)

d5GMfCA.jpeg

This is Daisy and Dusty, they are sisters and are both 12 today. Dusty is the black cat who has been diagnosed with inoperable stomach cancer. She has a large tumour which has been getting worse. She eats all day, but it pops out the other end fairly quickly. She is so thin now, I can feel her skeleton through her fur. She is still happy and enjoys having a fuss and still purrs loudly. She is still mobile and can jump up to the sink and she goes out and plays. We are not sure how much longer she has, probably weeks. We plan to have a vet visit to do the deed, as she really hated going to the vets and getting examined etc. She hid away for four days afterwards which is very unusual for her.

Daisy is the tabby and my favourite since they were both kittens. She is diabetic and we have to inject her twice a day. She is brilliant about it too. As we give her treats to distract her, she knows to jump up on the table to get her treats and injection, twice a day. We are very lucky as is so good about it. She loves to lead me around to have fusses in different locations, such as the bath, the kitchen, the table and so on. She will look at me and meow, walk off and twist her head over her shoulder to ensure I am following. She will lay down next to me and put her rear leg over my arm in a cuddle type thing, it's very cute. Like this:
6K5WI8v.png

You can see where she has been sharpening her claws.

Man of Honour
Cherie, Cindy's sister was in the our house on Tuesday, we had a bit of a play then she went upstairs to where we have a Garfield cardboard scratch house thingy which was always were Cindy went to play. I guess it's still full of Cindy's scent because out of my three only Cleo goes in it and rarely at that. Cherie went in it, had a good sniff and necked it then came out the other side looked me in the eyes and gave the most pitiful cry I have ever heard. It was so heartbreaking it had me in tears. I gave her a cuddle and after a while she started purring and stayed like that for a few minutes before going back out to go home which is next door. It's so sad. It was a week ago Cindy was run over and none of us can believe she's gone. I keep expecting her to come tearing through the back door when I open it and so do the rest of the neighbours. She wasn't even my cat and I miss her so much. That's the cost of letting each others cats into our houses I guess, all three houses are mourning her.

People say cats are just dumb animals and have no feelings but those of us who have cats knows that is complete crap. They do feel and some like my Abby will change completely after losing their closest cat friend/sibling. Abby hasn't been the same since we lost Jade. Jade was our first cat and we got her from Cats Protection after she was found under a shed with a litter of kittens at 18 months old. We got Abby around a year later aged 12 weeks after she was found in the Elgin floods wandering around. Jade "mothered" her from the very beginning and they were inseperable. When we lost Jade Abby became withdrawn and very grumpy and aggressive towards other cats. We got Cleo and Ozzy as 10 week old kittens around a year after losing Jade to keep her company but she hated them from the moment I brought them into the house. She just about tolerates them now but she is by no means friendly with them. Before losing Jade she would have been ok with them. She isn't as withdrawn as she used to be and loves her lap time with me but if the two terrors are upstairs she won't go up there apart from a midnight raid on their food!!

Soldato
.. Dusty is the black cat who has been diagnosed with inoperable stomach cancer. She has a large tumour which has been getting worse. She eats all day, but it pops out the other end fairly quickly. She is so thin now, I can feel her skeleton through her fur. She is still happy and enjoys having a fuss and still purrs loudly. She is still mobile and can jump up to the sink and she goes out and plays. We are not sure how much longer she has, probably weeks. We plan to have a vet visit to do the deed, as she really hated going to the vets and getting examined etc. She hid away for four days afterwards which is very unusual for her.

So sorry to hear about Dusty. I had one, a few years back, who got the same thing. If she starts being sick then she needs to go immediately.
My Oscar deteriorated very fast once that happened and unfortunately it was a Friday, so he had to wait until Monday. :(

Soldato
Best wishes for Jaxx.

Who is a cool looking cat btw.

Hope Jaxx is ok @RedMogg
Appreciate you both.
I had a phonecall at 1am to say he was out of surgery and the catheter was in place, but his bladder was extremely inflamed and filled with blood. His kidney function results are worrying, so they can't give him an antiinflammatory until they start flushing out the toxins.

I'm hoping to hear that his blood results are more promising, some time after 12.

My son is in bits and it's really difficult to comfort an autistic child who can't express his emotions, so lots of hugs and reassurance until we know more.

Soldato
Love to you and the family, hope all is ok in the end.
Just got home after taking my son to see Jaxx - heavily medicated, but wanted a cuddle. Proud of my boy for putting Jaxx back in the crate when he'd clearly had enough. Urine starting to clear of blood, but still waiting on kidney results.

He's getting the best care, so fingers crossed for a speedy recovery.

Soldato
Had to take my son's cat Jaxx to the out of hours vet tonight, as my wife suspected a bladder infection.
Vet agrees it's bladder/Urinary tract blockage, so he's been taken straight in for surgery. Fingers crossed all goes smoothly.

hope he gets better he is lovely, my sisters orange cat had years of uti on and off and lived to 16/17 he had a few catheters through his time :)

Last edited:
Soldato
hope he gets better he is lovely :)
Thank you - he's brilliant. Before we got Jaxx, either my wife or I would have to lay on our son's bed until he fell asleep, which could take hours. The day we brought Jaxx home, he ran straight under Elliott's bed, then crept out and onto the bed with him.
Elliott begged us to let him stay, so we agreed to see how it went. 15 minutes later, everything was too quiet. Jaxx was snuggled on Elliott's chest; both were snoring.
And it's been that way every evening for the past 6 years - my Wife & I got our evenings back and our son developed a healthy sleep routine - a massive improvement for the whole family.

Some people don't realise just how important pets are to our mental health and how integral they can be to the family.

All being well, I'm bringing him home on Saturday afternoon - I haven't told our son yet, in case that changes.

Soldato
Thank you - he's brilliant. Before we got Jaxx, either my wife or I would have to lay on our son's bed until he fell asleep, which could take hours. The day we brought Jaxx home, he ran straight under Elliott's bed, then crept out and onto the bed with him.
Elliott begged us to let him stay, so we agreed to see how it went. 15 minutes later, everything was too quiet. Jaxx was snuggled on Elliott's chest; both were snoring.
And it's been that way every evening for the past 6 years - my Wife & I got our evenings back and our son developed a healthy sleep routine - a massive improvement for the whole family.

Some people don't realise just how important pets are to our mental health and how integral they can be to the family.

All being well, I'm bringing him home on Saturday afternoon - I haven't told our son yet, in case that changes.

yup i fuilly underdstand i am autisitic and have had loads of pets from guinea pigs to rabbits and snakes, i have a soft spot for cats and dogs and i cried a lot when i lost my biffa fish

:)

Last edited:
Soldato
Had to take my son's cat Jaxx to the out of hours vet tonight, as my wife suspected a bladder infection.
Vet agrees it's bladder/Urinary tract blockage, so he's been taken straight in for surgery. Fingers crossed all goes smoothly.

Appreciate you both.
I had a phonecall at 1am to say he was out of surgery and the catheter was in place, but his bladder was extremely inflamed and filled with blood. His kidney function results are worrying, so they can't give him an antiinflammatory until they start flushing out the toxins.

I'm hoping to hear that his blood results are more promising, some time after 12.

My son is in bits and it's really difficult to comfort an autistic child who can't express his emotions, so lots of hugs and reassurance until we know more.
All the best and hope everything turns out ok for Jaxx.

My son is autistic as well so I know what that can be like.

Cats\Dogs quickly become part of the family for many years and when things like this happen everyone misses\worries\get upset when they are gone.

Back
Top Bottom